Dishwasher parts

rpvr, May 12, 12:02am
Looking for parts for a DW820 F&P dishwasher. Does anyone know if there are any appliance "wreckers" in Auckland where I might be able to get second hand parts?

lythande1, May 12, 2:22am
Whats wrong with new ones? Look it up on manufacturers site, they show you the local agent.
Bought parts for mine a while back, $23.
Bought some more for the oven - $50.

nettiesegune, May 12, 2:27am
Rang F & P in Akl and received part next day - very pleased with response.

rpvr, May 12, 4:05am
Depends if you want to spend $100 + on a 10 year old appliance that is not really worth it. That's for a plastic panel worth about $5.

cantabman1, May 12, 5:49am
If F& P haven't got the part, then you are pissing in the wind to think about second hand parts.
Buy a new machine!

mrfxit, May 12, 8:06am
Bollocks,
Plenty of good s/h parts around if you know who to contact or where to look & often from other machines that had some work done but not other specific work
THO, if the whole machine is in good order (from other recent work) then yes new parts could be well worth the extra cost.

mrfxit, May 12, 8:09am
Top cover & your's has worn the button covers through. yes?

Find a suitable light but tough plastic/ test to make sure it's going to be ok/ cut to size for that whole section & superglue it over top.

rpvr, May 12, 9:34am
Broken plastic cover by the handle, AND the button covers are worn, but not right through. Two separate parts, apparently. The button covers would last a bit longer IF I can separate the two parts. The plastic cover is $63 and the button cover part is I think similar.

pamow69, May 12, 10:29am
The plastic panel is now supplied as a kit with the button stick on cover. You get both for the $63. Part # 521814.from F&P. I see you are here in my area so if you want one I can get it on my trade account with F&P and it will cost $55-50 for the kit. Those plastic panels break often as the plastic gets brittle so it would be hard to find a good 2nd hand one.

travlr, Jan 7, 9:56am
F and P have a recycling plant.