Good weed killer wanted

gmnshprd, Feb 9, 2:05am
Can anyone recommend a good weed killer please!I have dogs so am looking for one that is harmless to them.Our property has all sorts of uglies in it and I can't keep on top of it all.

ozcelt, Feb 9, 3:08am
Glyphosate is the job. It deactivates on contact with soil and, it's harmless to anything but plants.

oh_hunnihunni, Feb 9, 3:12am
Take a fresh boiled kettle for a walk.

maclad, Feb 9, 3:51am
Depends what your nasties are. Roundup won't deal to many weeds so an idea of what you have may help.

gmnshprd, Feb 9, 3:59am
Hmmm mite not quite cover the area

gmnshprd, Feb 9, 4:00am
Clover, convulvulus, nightshade, dandelion, biddy bid creeper to name a few

lythande1, Feb 9, 4:23am
All weed killer is poisonous, you can do the vinegar or hot water thing (limited success) or hand weed. That's it.

oh_hunnihunni, Feb 9, 4:25am
Little and often!

Salt is also good as is baking soda.

tigra, Feb 9, 7:57am
Dont believe the adverts for the Roundup gel. "One touch will kill" You need a generous wiping to do real damage, and its still unlikely to completely kill many weeds.

jaffa77, Feb 9, 8:35am
What should I use for Angelica! And for the native coprosma that has green shiny leaves! My section has got away on me so I need to use chemicals as the weeds are too big for me to hand weed. Also I have hard clay rather than nice diggable soil so everything including planting seedlings is hard work.

liggy2, Feb 10, 3:18am
Glyphosate will kill it I use Watkins weedkiller its good and cheap and you will need to use a wetting agent to penetrate -you can use a half teaspoon of dishwash in the spray will do the job.

mottly, Feb 10, 3:41am
salt water is great

jaffa77, Mar 8, 1:10pm
Does anyone know anywhere in Wellington that has Vigilante in stock currently! I have tried a few places but they have been out of stock.