Lemonade Tree.where to get?

si50, Jan 29, 9:33am
Mother has just returned from Tasman with huge bag of Lemonades-look exactly like a lemon but not at all sour. Kids loving them. Do they grow in ChCh! And /or where can you buy them from! Anyone know!

edenrose, Jan 29, 9:35am
Most garden centres should have them.

si50, Jan 29, 9:36am
Thanks, great. I've never heard of this fruit and haven't even started to look in nurseries etc.

hanmer, Jan 29, 10:06am
i think our climate is a bit cold for them.it is hard to establish those trees here.the fruit is so lovely.

mosaics1, Jan 29, 10:12am
I had a small tree and has taken five years to produce some good crops and we are in Christchurch. Unfortunately had to pull it out as we were red zone Have had it in a pot for the last six months and is just starting to come right.
Country gardens in marshland road had some last time I was there.

harrislucinda, Jan 29, 7:06pm
yesbeenaboutforyearsitisaxfrom alemonandnotsurewhat!

martian101, Jan 30, 4:04am
i got mine from the warehouse (totally accidental-i went looking for a lemon tree and a grape vine, came home with a lemonade tree,and a dead stick in a pot. lol hubby goes plant shopping now ;)
i think it was only around $10, have had it planted in the garden for a year,and in a pot for a year. last year we got 3 lemons off it, this year its looking more promising

dibble35, Jan 30, 7:19am
Its a cross between a lemon and a grapefruit. Find the sunniest, warmest, most sheltered spot you can in your garden and plant it there. You may have to protect it from frosts when it is young, Get a grafted/budded one if you can, it will grow faster than a cutting grown one. Most of the ones in regular garden centres (bunnings, palmers, etc) will be budded. warehouse probably not.

si50, Jan 30, 9:47am
thanks everyone! Looking forward to starting one off in a pot, and once the house has been rebuilt, planting it in the garden!

char522, Feb 1, 8:49am
Riccarton Market saw some there on Sunday, good size and only $25

murfee, Feb 19, 3:59pm
plants2go is a Christchurch TM trader. I've bought a lemonade tree, a Kaffir lime and a Tahitian lime tree off him - and they are great and much cheaper than $20!