Tomatoes have heaps of flowers now

velenski, Nov 19, 8:55pm
when are the dam tomatoes going to grow!

tigra, Nov 19, 8:56pm
Shae the plants a bit to get some pollenation going

traderken, Nov 19, 8:56pm
I have plenty that are nearly ready

velenski, Nov 19, 9:25pm
ive been shaking them lots :)

southerngurl, Nov 19, 9:47pm
I dont even have flowers on my tomatos. whats going on!!

cantabman1, Nov 19, 10:35pm
Flowers are one thing and fruit is another. I also have plenty of flowers, but Toms need between 21-25 degs for fruit to grow well and ripen and with a temp today of only 14 in ChCh its going to take a while.

velenski, Nov 19, 11:26pm
mine are able to fruit down to 6 degrees so all good :)

alford2, Nov 20, 3:54am
So what miracle type are they! My Russian Reds and Moneymakers have been static for weeks----

wendalls, Nov 20, 8:53am
Yep flowers for months but nothing else on mine in auckland.

mokaumoi, Nov 20, 8:55am
If there are no bees around take a childs paintbrush, and brush the stamens of the flowers. There is a shortage of bees in many areas.

velenski, Nov 20, 10:58pm
siberian

mac934, Nov 21, 2:09am
We have little tomatoes on our plants but they are in a glasshouse.However we don't get any bees in there so I don't know how they get pollinated.

wotz_it_2_ya, Nov 21, 8:33am
I saw a bit of colour on my first one in the hothouse today. My outdoor money makers are not yet flowering.

traderken, Nov 21, 7:32pm
Boy this is the best season I have ever had. Tomatoes are just starting to colour and they are ENORMOUS.

velenski, Nov 22, 9:57pm
so every flower is a tomato right! ,just counted 35 buds ,with 17 already flowers mmmm lots of yummy tomato .

wendalls, Nov 22, 10:05pm
Well i will get out the paintbrush soon. Blaody hel.i planted them so early too. First timer apart from cherries given to me.and they are shading all my other veges too much i suspect.All squashed in together lol. You live and learn.

astroflight1, Nov 15, 3:48pm
Spank the little buggers to get more tommies.
They are self polinating and may need a little help.
Go here > http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=3W5_DZjqgqU

Use youtube, it is great.It is one thing reading about plants, and quite another to watch.