Dyco saw bench problem

urbanrefugee54, May 20, 11:24am
I've had the saw bench for a few years now & mainly used it for firewood, although it has rise & fall, plus angle [bought off a friends father when he was shifting]. When I bought it, the bloke put another motor on it. However recently due to the partners saw being at his sons place we are looking at finding out if the problems of the dyco can be fixed: the blade is not truly straight [is on it's 2nd blade], when you use the rise & fall - the belt falls off .

cleggyboy, May 20, 8:45pm
Sounds like the motor is not lined up correctly with the saw pulley. A straight edge laid across both pulleys to see if the motor is out of alignment.

urbanrefugee54, May 20, 9:34pm
the motor is mounted at the back & uses gravity to keep the belt tight, so when the saw blade is down - it's loose.

budgel, May 20, 11:14pm
Maybe a slightly longer belt will make the motor still be pulling downward even with the blade lowered. Get your head around the geometry of the raising and lowering system . I remember seeing a sawbench of that type that had a coil spring assisting gravity a bit.
Do check pulley alignment with the blade in every position.

They were quite a good saw in their day, shame it is only bbeing used (abused?) for firewood.

urbanrefugee54, May 21, 1:31am
It is only when the wood is too long for the fire, as we use a chainsaw for 99% of the time & I used to use it for other things.

cleggyboy, May 21, 2:01am
Yep Dyco & Tanner were both great robust machines. I still have a Tanner minus the motor.

urbanrefugee54, Jan 5, 6:58am
partners saw is up at his sons place. which is why we need to get the dyco sorted.