MY "New Lino problem"

wildot, Aug 7, 8:40am
Hi folks,
Have just had some lino laid (which cost a bomb) and find that it is nothing like I expected it to be like. Actually I hate it and was wandering if it is at all possible to do something to change it like staining it with something or perhaps painting it. Anybody got any suggestion ! ! !
Cheers n thanks.

budgel, Aug 7, 10:34pm
I have painted vinyl flooring with water based enamel and it lasts ok, but wouldnt recommend it for a high traffic area. Do a google search, that's where I did my research before committing to the job.

rainrain1, Aug 8, 3:49am
New lino, lordy wildot, how bad can it be to want to do that to it ? You might just have to live with it

rabbitsvilletau, Aug 8, 5:09am
Contact the people you got it from they may uplift it for you, you do by law have 7 days if you are not happy with it

cinderellagowns, Aug 8, 5:17am
What law would that be? The "I made a bad decision and someone else should pay for it law"?

koru67, Aug 8, 6:44am
Exactly. If it was the wrong colour installed or wrong pattern then they would have a claim, but just because it looks different to what they imagined it would .

cagivachick1, Aug 8, 6:52am
yea lets screw the vinyl layers because they installed the vinyl you chose

lovelurking, Aug 8, 6:56am
Could you paint your cupboards a colour that would suit your new floor perhaps?

wildot, Aug 8, 10:32am
It's my fault for choosing the wrong lino and by the way --- I said I was wandering if it is at all possible to do something to change it like staining it with something or perhaps painting it ! ! !

aprilguy, Aug 8, 10:40am
Can we have a photo?

stevo2, Aug 8, 6:55pm
Cant do anything with the lino. How about some rugs or a colour change in your house to suit flooring.
Trade secret here, but to hide a colour that stands out - introduce a bit more of the same colour in other areas. ie if a big black TV stands out on a wall, throw in a black rug and coffee table

koru67, Nov 2, 12:44pm
do you really not like it or is it such a change from what you had previously that you are not used to it?. My sister changed from pink bathroom carpet (which she hated) that she had lived with since she bought her place to a modern lino when she was ready to sell up. She couldn't get used to the new colour as it was so different, but to me it looked a very good match for the tiles that were on the wall and looked fine and a major improvement over the carpet. The addition of a nice modern bathmat in the right colour tone helped lessen the impact of the floor she was not used to.
As suggested above are there accessories you can add in to blend the colour in more . bathroom mat, shower curtain, towels etc.
If you feel like posting a photo someone may have a helpful suggestion.