Washing Machine Service Person required

snowie10, Mar 24, 7:12pm
Our washing machine wont turn on.There is no spark.It was fine when I used it last but it is dead.Push he buttons and nothing.Wont turn on.Have checked power point which is OK.It is a Fisher & Paykel, Kelvinator Smart Drive O15.An oldy but has always been a goody.I am in Christchurch.Is there anyone out there who could come out and fix it!

mm12345, Mar 24, 7:35pm
Does it do the "power on self test" (lights flash and it beeps "musically") when the power is turned on at the wall!
If so, it's probably the control board, and probably the switch under the power button on that board.They routinely fail, especially if there's any sign of cracking on the surface around the button.Replacement boards are available on TM.It's a 10 minute job for a home handyman to replace.
Otherwise Saxon appliances, or any approved F&P service agent.

snowie10, Mar 24, 7:50pm
No, i is dead.I push the start button and nothing happens.I turn the power off at the wall and turn it back on.I know what you mean.The machine wont turn on at all.

mm12345, Mar 24, 8:02pm
Then it could be any of several things, starting from the plug and cord, then the motor control board - particularly the power (15v) from the motor control board to the control/display board. (need to be checked with multimeter). On other models (than the 501) it could be other things. The motor control boards are also for sale (recond) on TM (but about $140).They are also quite easy to replace, but before replacing the board, some other parts need to be checked to make sure they didn't cause the board to fail - or the new board will also fail.You don't want to go replacing parts at random unless you're sure - it could get expensive.
So you may be best to call Saxon appliances etc.

snowie10, Apr 27, 3:08pm
Yes needed a new control board behind all the switches.The machine otherwise in good order, the motor good and no corrosion.So had it fixed.Thanks for the advice.It was expensive, but I guess not as expensive as a new machine, and this one should last a few years longer.See what happens.