Recommend a fire wall for the boundary please

kerinandsteve, Jan 23, 9:08pm
it is for an existing garage where the framing is up and it has tin on one side. Wall must be 30/30/30 2 way fire rated. Could I use back to back fyreline! Any other alternatives! I'm also trying to understand composite panels as an option.

trade4us2, Jan 23, 9:21pm
Building inspector said I had to have a concrete block wall if I wanted a carport up the boundary. The neighbour built a wooden fence instead. Both of us have sold those houses. 20 years later there's still a wooden fence.

raven71, Jan 23, 11:26pm
Usually concrete blocks are required. But check with your local council.

ae64, Jan 25, 10:03am
Check out aac -autoclaved aerated concrete solutions -your design is a bit unclear but aac has huge fire proofing qualities

geoff_m, Jan 25, 12:30pm
Gib have a good datasheet on this for garages, including the fixing details.
If it is on the boundary, it will need to be 2 way rated (from both sides). You will have to remove the tin to line the outside and then replace it.
Hebel (aerated concrete ) or Speedwall is good stuff, but not load bearing, if the wall is supporting the roof.

mrfxit, Jan 25, 8:28pm
Erected a carshed on a boundry like that a few years ago & the inspector wanted 2 x 12mm fireline gib on the inside
We settled for a single layer of 19mm fireline.
Saved me a lot of money / time & apparently was fine with the regs

elect70, Feb 9, 6:03am
Mate just finised his garage on boundary, had hardiflex outside &19 mmfireline gib insideno penetrations.