Can someone recommend a good weed eater

bill1451, Jul 15, 11:07pm
And get the "lil duey" head for it, I,ve had one for 10 or 15 years, wouldnt bother with those tap and go things, Left hand thread for straight shaft,
right hAND (normal thread) for curved shaft. I use about 2 or 2.5 mm square line works best.

lythande1, Jul 16, 7:24am
$795? How but an affordable one.

loukirby, Jul 16, 9:11am
Well if you need a cheap weed eater, then buy a more affordable one, it isn't rocket science!

budgel, Jul 16, 12:51pm
Even though I recommended a Stihl, for price reasons, and infrequent use I bought a four stroke combination trimmer/ hedgecutter etc. from here on TradeMe for a little over $300. Although it is a bit heavy for a 70 year old I was impressed with how well it works. Changing from a weedeater to a hedgecutter was a bit fiddly until I got used to it, but for somebody on a budget I think they are a good tool.
It can sit for a couple of months and has no trouble starting right up when I need it.
It may be worth considering.

starseeker, Jul 18, 7:29pm
A goat?

smallwoods, Jul 18, 8:38pm
A small goat.

carter19, Jul 5, 9:50am
That is lightweight,

budgel, Jul 5, 11:14am
Stihl.

loukirby, Jul 5, 5:42pm
I have one of these https://www.stihl.co.nz/STIHL-Products/Brushcutters/Brushcutters/2418-1583/FS-85-R.aspx and I am a middle aged woman and I use it on slopes, fencelines, edging and can use it continuously for hours on end. I did change the head to a Littl Juey which is great.

electromic, Oct 13, 2:55pm
I also have one of these, I have had it 14 years. It is still on the original head and I upgraded to 2.7mm line. It is lighter than some of the cheaper battery weed eaters.