Can anyone recommend a good rechargeable torch?

webworth, Aug 9, 10:39pm
I've given up on rechargeable torches. None has lasted long, but if you want to avoid buying batteries have you considered a wind-up torch? I have a B-Safe which was useful during recent power cuts and it also includes an alarm and AM & FM radio with retractable aerial and headphone jack point.

nicc4, Aug 10, 7:48am
The OP doesnt say what they want the torch to do. But if you wanted a small pocket torch this one is good:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/62726

I've had one for over 2 years and still going strong. Used for cowshed inspections and regular contact with water and chemicals.Been dropped a number of times.
End cap clips off to a USB plug, and I can use the truck or laptop socket to recharge between jobs.

I got mine from Bunnings for under $10. The problem is I have never seen them since.

lythande1, Aug 10, 8:29am
Husband got this for a present in mid July.
https://www.jaycar.co.nz/1000-lumen-rechargeable-led-torch/p/ST3498
he uses it every night and we have yet to need to charge it. If you hung it off the ceiling, it would be a s bright as a standard light. very bright! Plug in to charge.

hezwez, Aug 10, 9:38am
Thanks all. I have been looking at local suppliers such as Jaycar, but have put others suggested on my watchlist. The rechargeable one you have, lythande1, states that it lasts 2 hours on full beam. Some don't indicate when the battery is running low so it suddenly dies. I'm looking for a bright white light, bigger than pocket.

boby11, Aug 10, 7:58pm
I had the big jaycar metal LED one with rechargeable batteries and just changed the batteries over every few days with another set from the charger

nukhelenc, Aug 10, 9:03pm
I went for a nitecore P25 a number of years back, been most awesome.
Ive only been using 2 nitcore 3400mAh battery's between 2 torches all the years and still going great.
Ya might find one in the world for sale still or some newer models.
Got mine from Torch Monster in nz with 2 battery's, the P25 only takes one and you can plug it into samsung charging cable into PC to charge without removing battery
Awesome torch and very bright, but its not cheap, but worth the money in the long run i would say.
Ive got a few titanium Sunwayman torches as well :)

Take a look at the Olight Seeker 2 Pro from the same place i mentioned above, looks great if you want to spend that much

trade4us2, Aug 10, 10:00pm
If you have a decent LED light, they give out lots of light and don't use much battery power. Bunnings have had Varta batteries made in Germany that seem to last a very long time. Buy lots of those!

goose16, Aug 11, 9:01am

gpg58, Aug 11, 10:45am
Op wants a rechargeable torch, that one is 3 x AA batteries, and very low output by todays standards.

budgel, Aug 11, 11:01am
I too have given up on rechargeable torches. Ever wondered why LED torches always have small batteries? It's because they use bugger all power!
I just buy a pack of regular batteries once a year or so.
No problems!

nukhelenc, Aug 11, 1:50pm
Good rechargeable torch with 18650 rechargeable is gonna cost ya $100.00 and up. Battery alone is 20 to 30 bucks
Get what ya pay for
Would never go back to anything less now days.
My old mag light sits in retirement for ever and ever RIP

peanuts37, Aug 11, 2:24pm
I got 6 18650 Panasonic's from Aliexpress 2 years ago for $60nz. Still going strong.

7up, Aug 11, 6:44pm
I have a jen quip head lamp, its nearing 5 years old, and i absolutely love it, when it finally dies i will be buying another,

bill1451, Aug 12, 6:33pm
best light you can buy is a head lamp, as it frees up both your hands if you are using tools in the ceiling or wherever. there are so many variations out there now, these are also good if you do a bit of night hunting.

ira78, Aug 17, 9:14am
My favorite at the moment is my Nitecore TUP.
https://www.torchmonster.co.nz/nitecore-tup-grey

About the size of your thumb(If you have a really fat thumb) so nice and convenient.

Charges by USB, variable output from 1 lumen to 1000 lumens, tells you the runtime remaining. SOmething like 12 hours runtime at a low perfectly usable for walking around outside output. Or 10-15 minutes at 1000 lumens.

nukhelenc, Aug 17, 5:16pm
I just purchased this one on Sunday with a code so got $25 bucks off and still got free shipping.
https://www.torchmonster.co.nz/olight-seeker-2-pro

cantabman1, Aug 26, 8:19am
Eveready Batts/Lithum are the longerst lasting batts for sale in the world.

sue72, Aug 31, 9:32pm
Do you have a cordless drill?Some brands have torches that use the battery from the drill

amasser, Oct 3, 12:43pm
Bike lights, with rechargeable batteries, are handy as they are bright and compact.