Feijoa tree losing it leaves

kerijuice, Jan 4, 3:58am
anyonegot any suggestions why!,.
I would be grateful for any help please ,.

kateley, Jan 4, 4:05am
it's stressed.

Could be too much or too little water, the roots have been disturbed (by digging or wind),

les6, Jan 4, 6:09am
they are evergreen but still have to shed old leaves to get rid of natural wasres that build up within the plants cells over time.They drop alot of older leaves to do this and you don`t really notice it.Mine have just done the same thing.

jenny188, Jan 4, 9:52am
Possibly , this time of year "Stress" Your profile has link to Australia, so - too hot or dry maybe. Dark and large leaves attract heat and need lots of hydration due to transpiration. Feijoa's have a waxy type of leaf also, so are salt resistant but also tend to repel moisture rather than take it up via their leaves, missing out on morning dew.

rsr72, Jan 4, 10:38am
x2
Many evergreens drop their leaves this time of the summer for new leaves.

junky1, Jan 4, 8:45pm
My feijoa trees have also lost their leaves, caused by a beetle that has chewed the leaves .It is not the usual brown beetle it is quite minute and rolls up in the dead leaf.Would like to hear from someone who knows what it is.

jenny188, Jan 14, 2:41pm
If you unroll the leaf you should find a small Caterpillar inside. This turns into some kind of moth. name of which I don't know. Usually on the juicier end tip leaves.