Colour steel roof.

horo1, Feb 4, 12:45pm
Has anyone reroofed with this? Wanting approx cost for avg size 3 br house

horo1, Feb 4, 12:54pm
Thanks roof needs repainting and just looking at options as we are getting older and thinking about future work that will need to be done in our 'twilight' years

mr-treevers, Feb 4, 1:02pm
We had our four bedroom house re-roofed under insurance recently. I think the cost was around $30K. No doubt the insurance companies can screw the cost right down, but still gives you some idea.

murrayb, Feb 4, 1:37pm
Quotes ranging from $13000 to $19000 for 200sq m house

joanie04, Feb 4, 9:09pm
I had my place re-roofed with colour steel just over a year ago. House, carport and garage. Lots of angles and included the spouting. Cost a just over $24,000.

dee238, Feb 4, 9:13pm
I watched my neighbours house get re-roofed with colour steel a few months ago. Also got new spouting. House would be around 125sq. They did an amazing job. I asked neighbour how much it cost and was told, with that new kind of scaffolding, came in at $18,500.00.

horo1, Feb 4, 9:37pm
appreciate all the comments, wow didn't think it would be that expensive but still worth looking at and maybe getting a local to quote. thanks heaps everyone

tjholding, Feb 5, 8:51am
3bdrm house (120sq or so) re-roofed end of December. Few weird angles, new building paper, and a few top up sections of insulation; was just over $13k

harrislucinda, Feb 5, 9:57am
must have improved quality by now but years ago our neighbor had it done in blue with in 3 years it had faded as said no repaint for at less 10 years

rainrain1, Feb 5, 5:52pm
That would be about right

yum9, Feb 5, 6:45pm
Dad done his house years ago cost
$5000.00 the roof still looks good today

bryalea, Feb 6, 10:53am
Big 4 bedroom house reroofed with zincalume last year for 16k. Would have been 8k more for coloursteel. Apparently don't need to paint. We couldn't afford more than 16k.

vanderbel, Feb 6, 11:25am
If getting re-roofed with pre painted steel ask where the steel has come from and what is warranty on the steel and who is providing the warranty. There is a lot of imported pre-painted steel about that be harder to get replaced if needed.

apollo11, Feb 7, 2:46pm
The 15 year warranty for colorsteel specifies that the roof has to be washed (no, rain doesn't count) yearly, guttering every 6 months. I don't know anyone who washes their roof yearly, I certainly haven't.

mrgts4, Feb 7, 10:23pm
Where do you get that from? ZIncalume is a 15 year warranty and on a roof only requires rain washing, colorsteel has a 30 year warranty and also only needs rain washing. Wall cladding needs to be manually washed every year. Its all on the website.

xs1100, Feb 13, 5:20pm
170sqm house was just over $28k with new spouting and so on and removal of a dacramastic roof, like you thinking long term now good to go for twilight years

apollo11, Aug 18, 2:11pm
Apologies, I didn't read it properly. I must have seen the wall cladding figure and thought it referred to roof. https://www.colorsteel.co.nz/warranty/