Bosch Dishwasher

gollycolly, Jul 7, 11:32am
Dishwasher 22yrs old. Now when part way through hot wash it sticks in the one place and keeps washing. Moving the control knob slightly makes no difference. Would it be worth repairing, or is it time to say thank you and replace

lilyfield, Jul 7, 8:14pm
whiteware --- you are 10 years over expected average life. count yourself lucky. Repairmen will laugh at you

pamow69, Jul 7, 8:16pm
Maybe not heating water. Could be something minor or could be major and not worth the money. Nobody can say without looking and testing it. You have to decide if you want to spend some money to get it checked out properly. Have seen many times where someone has assumed it will be expensive and decided they would just get a new appliance, only to find out afterward it was something quite simple to fix.

pamow69, Jul 7, 8:17pm
I wouldn't.

hulloitsme, Jul 8, 12:44am
Sounds like what the controller interior itself just needs a lube with WD-40 or CRC-56 or such-like? I would try that first.

lythande1, Jul 8, 9:04am
No they won't. But it may be uneconomical to repair.
You pay the callout fee anyway. you could try might be something cheap.

angie117, Jul 8, 10:46am
You have had a very good run from it. Time for a new one.

gollycolly, Jul 8, 11:46am
Thank you all for your comments. It seems to have got over its hissy fit and is now working normally. For how long, time will tell

mikek, Jul 8, 12:45pm
Goodness 22 years. Our Bosch one, or should I say our 3rd seems to last about 4 before dying - thankfully they just keep sending new ones to replace the old ones . You have had a good run that's for sure

joanie32, Jul 12, 5:44pm
I paid $40 for a serviceman to check out our washer, and another $120 to fix it.

It’s lasted another 6 years

Don’t write anything off without getting it looked at.