Brand new leather sofa

Page 1 / 2
deluxe4u, Dec 28, 1:43am
has scratch on it. What are my options please!

impressions, Dec 28, 1:51am
Was it there when you unpacked it! More info would help.

deluxe4u, Dec 28, 1:54am
No it wasn't, I think child somehow managed to do it this morning. Will try to load photo ta.

impressions, Dec 28, 1:55am
How about a same colour felt tip pen.

deluxe4u, Dec 28, 2:04am

karakagranny, Dec 28, 2:13am
When you bought the suite did they give you some leather cleaner ! have you tried using it if you have it! sometimes rubbing it a soft cloth helps

deluxe4u, Dec 28, 2:29am
No we were offered a cleaner kit for around $300 at point of sale but declined then thinking we would buy it when the sofa actually arrived (took 4 months to arrive). Have just spoken to different sales person at shop and the cleaner kit purchase was also an extended warranty for 5 years covering accidental damage something we were NOT informed of. Can't believe it! Guy said cleaner would not remedy it. I'm totally going to regret this purchase.

kaddiew, Dec 28, 2:48am
I know how you feel, but with children (and possibly pets) you're not really going to be able to avoid scratches on leather furniture. I once trapped an intruder cat indoors and it clawed all 3 pieces of my pristine leather suite before it escaped. Just had to live with it, and still managed to onsell it for a very good price years later.

deluxe4u, Dec 28, 3:09am
Yes I realise that kaddiew but this isn't just a scratch its lifted the leather top off. and completely visible. Wondering about quality of leather now.

bigsneak, Dec 28, 3:44am

deluxe4u, Dec 28, 3:51am
Thank you bigsneak just the sort of product I was hoping existed!

racheal77, Dec 28, 3:54am
my parents had several cat scratches repaired so they were no longer visable by a guy in the yellow pages, he was called something like a leather doctor!

kaddiew, Dec 28, 4:08am
Yes some of mine were same.

ebygum1, Dec 28, 5:08am
We had a leather suite damaged by a possum,it was cleaned and repaired by Greenacres.They made an excelent job of it.

wheelz, Dec 28, 5:38am
Was the suite purchased at Farmers !!

supra_luva, Dec 28, 5:55am
Get some matching shoe polish from a shoe repair shop. Worked well on cat scratches on our cream leather suite

carter19, Dec 28, 6:03am
After having our chairs for 7 years we don't even see the scratches and imperfections that children and pets have created. Don't sweat the small stuff. Felt tips and cushions hide a multitude of sins

rlr29, Dec 28, 6:52am
I know thats annoying, but being leather (good leather hopefully) it'll just add to the character.Leather really lasts.

deluxe4u, Dec 28, 7:14am
No Harvey Norman

tigra, Dec 28, 7:49am
And it took 4 months to arrive! I hope it was worth the wait.

karrie3, Dec 28, 7:50am
Would it be worth claiming on contents insurance!

net_oz, Dec 28, 7:57am
Train the kids to take their bloody shoes off when inside.

deluxe4u, Dec 28, 8:18am
They do! Thats why I'm a bit concerned it happened so easily!

deluxe4u, Dec 28, 8:19am
Looks lovely but I may live to regret it yet.

tigra, Dec 28, 9:04pm
Have a look underneath to find the manufacturer and se if there is any marks, numbers or ID that might help you identify the quality of the leather. Look on HN's Invoice too. If Its been made from "veneered leather" or any such other combination of good and low quality leather you may have a claim back from HN on their sales description. I bought mine from HN and found the leather had a funny descriptive number and I got concenred however checking with Morgan's (the manufacturer) it seems it was just their own leather classification number and didnt mean anything. They assured me it was excellent quality leather and so it has turned out to be. Do some research and you might have a solution.