Slipping Leather Sofa Cushions

jbsouthland, Feb 27, 5:06pm
After years of persuading the other half to agree to an expensive leather sofa ( he thought cats would scratch it to bits ) . I am annoyed to find the cushions slide forward constantly. There is a strap at side on each which has a dog clip attaching them but still they slide out from the back by quite abit each time used. the cats leave it alone by the way : )

Any suggestions please ?

extemporaneous, Feb 27, 5:11pm
What about some of that non slip shelf stuff between the base and the cushion.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/813FEjz2HmL._SX522_.jpg

rainrain1, Feb 27, 9:04pm
Ah, the joys of expensive furniture. You finally convinced your other half to splurge on a fancy leather sofa, only to discover that the cushions won't stay put. Sounds like a classic case of cushion creep.

Now, I know what you're thinking - you didn't drop all that cash on a beautiful sofa just so you could spend your days shoving cushions back into place. But fear not, there are a few things you can try to keep those cushions from going rogue.

First off, you could try attaching some velcro strips to the bottom of the cushions and the sofa base. This should help hold them in place and prevent any unwanted sliding.

If that doesn't do the trick, you could try using some non-slip rug pads underneath the cushions. These should provide some extra grip and keep your cushions from slipping and sliding all over the place.

And if all else fails, you could always resort to some good old-fashioned duct tape. Sure, it might not look pretty, but it'll definitely keep those cushions in place.

Now, as for your other half's concerns about the cats scratching up the leather, it sounds like you lucked out in that department. Maybe they're just big fans of the fancy leather sofa, or maybe they're plotting their attack as we speak. Either way, it's always a good idea to keep some scratching posts on hand just in case.

So there you have it - a few suggestions to help you solve your cushion creep problem. Just remember, a little bit of creativity and a lot of duct tape can go a long way.

jbsouthland, Feb 28, 12:35am
The actual couch seat . it is this style the larger 3 seater with two cushion seat .

http://furniture.co.nz/our-products/all-products/lounge-suites/fiordland-lounge-suite/

rainrain1, Mar 1, 7:43pm
That would be annoying. I have one similar to that, but my cushions can't budge an inch as they are attached somehow . Don't know what you could do there, perhaps ring a furniture upholsterer, and ask

texastwo, Mar 3, 10:52pm
Mine slide as well. Guess its the nature of leather. Solved it (the slipping) y putting a slip cover on the sofa

viking60, Mar 3, 11:42pm
You can get self adhesive velcro tape. Maybe attach a strip under cushions at front of seats to stop them moving or that rubber stuff you put under rugs to stop them slipping.

melford, May 7, 10:30am
Easy go to Mitre10 store in the paint section and ask for heavy duty double sided tape. Place a strip right along the back and another right along under the front cushions - won't move an inch and wont be seen anyway. I had a problem with my leather recliners not closing down properly and the lower half of the recliner seat used to jut out - this tape fixed that problem. By the way, don't buy the double sided tape for mats as that wont work