Soap Scum On Shower Door

Page 2 / 3
supernova2, Aug 21, 10:48pm

tegretol, Aug 22, 11:10pm
Turps.

mazalinas, Aug 22, 11:29pm
Rub the soap evenly over the shower door so it looks like it's meant to look like that. You're welcome!

quillta1, Aug 23, 1:21pm
I have tried most of these products. Shower witch is a waste of time and money. Tigers paw is just another variety of soap. Both products extremely expensive. Same with that window one they advertise. Did nothing. I think the one that worked the most was the bar keepers friend. But then that also seems like the old Vim. So as a caregiver i have found if you want to keep your shower clean use your towel to dry it. Had clients for 12 yrs and their shower looks perfect. Because it is dried every day

souxie68, Aug 23, 7:54pm
We've just used the bar keepers friend powder and it worked great on the glass. You can order this online.

voyager4, Apr 22, 12:40pm
This with a bit of lemon juice added, and everything also smells clean.

shall, Apr 24, 10:48am
dont need much though, and its 850 ml
i used it for at least two showers a day and it lasted 5 weeks

it also stopped soap scum building up so have stopped using it to test that out and have been without for a week and still clean

ricford1, Jun 29, 3:54pm
I have taken on a cleaning job where the shower is in a sad state with soap scum and would really appreciate any suggestions on how to remove it. Many thanks in advance.

gpg58, Jun 29, 4:58pm
Not tried, but often heard folk say vinegar.
https://tinyurl.com/y7bozmth

rainrain1, Jun 29, 5:01pm
Shower Witch

exwesty, Jun 29, 5:41pm
Hammer

angie117, Jun 29, 6:52pm
There is a product called Bar Keepers Friend, have a look online. It’s amazing stuff.

lythande1, Jun 30, 9:09am
You sure it's soap scum? Could be hard water spots, in which case 30 Seconds SPot Remover.

amasser, Jun 30, 9:27am
If the glass has been neglected, the spots may be etched into the surface and impossible to remove.

eburb, Jun 30, 10:51am
Try Bam. The soap scum and shine one. Purple and orange bottle. Plus you'll need an abrasive pad. A plastic type made for bathroom jobs.

ricford1, Jun 30, 3:23pm
Thank you for all the replies, some of which I have never heard of. Time to go shopping

linette1, Jun 30, 6:41pm

fendie, Jun 30, 6:54pm
Hmn, well I tried the dishwasher tablet and it did nothing for me!

trade4us2, Jul 1, 12:31pm
I have used Engine Degreaser. Spray on and leave it for a few hours then scrub it off with water. But it stinks a lot!

wine-o-clock, Jul 1, 1:29pm
cut n polish stuff for cars?

inatiz, Jul 1, 1:40pm
I used steelo soap pads a long time ago to remove soap scum from the formica walls of a shower. I knew of no other remedies at that time and it was that or replace the shower. Used very gently it looked perfect when finished and didn't scratch it. If none of the other suggestions work, perhaps try a small patch first.

edjill41, Jul 1, 2:09pm
For something easy spray on solution of half and half Rinse-Aid(used in dishwasher) and water then spray very hot water(fromshowerhead) to get it all off

sweetgurl108, Jul 1, 8:49pm
Tiger's Paw from wetandforget.co.nz Won't pollute your space with a bad smell either.

Here ya go https://www.wetandforget.co.nz/products/tiger-paw

lynja, Jul 2, 6:48am
I have just discovered the Dr Shine Multiclean erasers. They are those white high density foam type sponges. I think there are probably several brands. These things are amazing. Very cheap. Just moisten and wipe. Although very fussy in cleaning the shower, I went over the bottom half of the walls with these and was amazed at how much soap type residue it removed. No chemicals. Incredible things for all sorts of cleaning. I would not be without them now, and I use them on the shower glass too to good effect.

sla11, Jul 2, 2:41pm
I get soap scum off the Seratone in shower by mixing a paste of Baking Soda and water - put on with a rag, leave a wee while and wash off. Baking Soda can be used for all kinds of cleaning. Now buy it in bulk and use it lots around the house. Can even wash the floors with the stuff!