Shower water pressure

nonsta, Jul 6, 1:57am
Looking at installing a hot water booster pump into the bathroom.
I saw this on trademe, and looks ok.

http://tinyurl.com/p69bvtz

Can anyone give me any advice or experiences regarding these, or if you have bought one or installed one into your bathroom. Does anyone know regarding the different wattages available, does that mean they just pump more, faster?

Cheers

lythande1, Jul 7, 12:59am
Friend got one. That one in fact.
Works brilliantly.

valleygirl16, Jul 8, 8:01am
i was checking them out too as our pressure isn't great.

simeon_, Jul 8, 7:20pm
my preesure isnt good also. my place has a low pressure cylinder with a tank in the roof.

pozzie-nz, Jul 9, 4:18am
I cleaned my shower head and the throat of fulton mixer on my shower after months of low pressure great now after 10 minutes in some CLR type stuff

barndat, Jul 22, 11:59pm
Has anyone purchased one of these
Listing #: 919159628
If so is it a success?

jh34, Jul 24, 4:53am
I have a problem with my shower as sometimes the flow varies a lot ( you can test it by running it into a marked bucket for one minute -or half a minute?).
I think mine is due to the fact that the outlet from the HW cylinder has a slight fall off. I find if I run the bath first until it splutters the pressure comes up.

gary231, Jul 24, 9:35am
Installed one myself - easy to do - you will not regret it. Bigger wattage pumps more water. I started with a 90 watt one for 2 showers and kitchen sink - great then I bought a 200 watt one and put it in the line from the cylinder (removed the 90 watt one) now great pressure for the whole house.

nonsta, Jul 24, 11:29am
Awesome,thanks for your reply. Did you install this particular model from this company? Are they noisy?. (I have an extraction fan in the bathroom, say as noisy as that?) Sounds like this would be the one to get, I just really need it for the shower, oddly enough the rest of the house aint too bad, and because I hate not enough pressure in the shower, I want to feel like I'm having a shower, not being rained on. It's only a temporary measure until when renovate the bathroom, in a few years. I'll get the plumber in to have a look, & prob just go with 90w. Cheers

lythande1, Nov 14, 12:10pm
919159628 yes, my friend got one.
Noise? Somewhat, like any pump. but where is the hot wtaer cupboard? Not noisy there with the door shut really.