Replace shower rose with hand shower

smoky80, Aug 29, 5:31am
guys,
any thoughts on how much it may cost to:
(a) replace shower roses in two showers with hand showers?
i am guessing i will be able to buy the hand showers myself without requiring the plumber? so it is mainly the installation cost iam looking for both the shower units.
(b) also thinking of replacing the tap over the bathtub with a hand shower. what could be the likely cost?

farwest, Aug 29, 5:41am
Do you have low or high pressure hot water?

smoky80, Aug 29, 5:44am
sorry, how will i know that? the hot water is all run on gas if that helps?

farwest, Aug 29, 5:46am
You have high pressure, then. Go for it - the most complicated part is sealing the joint where you have removed the shower rose.

smoky80, Aug 29, 5:57am
thanks. probably best to get a plumber install this. any idea how much it may cost?

farwest, Aug 29, 6:06am
You'll need to get some quotes. You could buy the slides yourself - Mitre 10, Bunnings etc have them.

smoky80, Aug 29, 6:11am
thanks. yeah i was thinking on similar lines. i guess the fittings are all standard sizes? i mean the shower rose and hand shower fixtures to the wall.

farwest, Aug 29, 6:17am
Usually, they are. The plumber can sort them out if they aren't.

smoky80, Aug 29, 6:26am
a quick check on the websites show so many types and different price range! hard to figure out which one would be a good quality one?! dont want to pay a bomb but also dont want something that will come back for replacement in a year or two!

farmerjohn, Aug 31, 8:01am
You do NOT need a plumber to do this job,
you can do it easily.
You do not need to replace the mixer or taps,
Remove the shower head, fit end of hose to this outlet,
Mount rail to stud's
Enjoy

wheelz, Aug 31, 10:26am
How does the above tell you he/ she has high water pressure?!
All our hot water is on gas. and we have low water pressure. are you just assuming they have a gas infinity system?

lemming2, Oct 13, 2:49pm
Some time ago I was planning on this. Problem to my thought was that I really like the shower head I have. However, the plumber assured me that it would be easy as to simply add in the hose and attach a slide and use the original head. I haven't got around to it, but it would be a lot cheaper than buying a whole new system. (Mine's a low pressure system).