RATS entering roof space via main electrical cable

sue62, Jan 17, 9:24am
Tonight I noticed several rats exiting our roof space via our main power cable into the house
HELP what can be done to prevent them using this access route?

Have also posted under "farming"
Thank you

lakeview3, Jan 17, 9:26am
Can you jam steel wool in there? They can’t chew through that easily.

vivac, Jan 17, 12:38pm
There are things that exist purely to stop rats getting across docked ship ropes. Something like a cylinder that clips over the cable that can freely rotate will stop them.

lythande1, Jan 17, 12:56pm
x1
Certainly, here are some steps you can take to prevent rats from using the main electrical cable as an access route to your house:

- Seal any gaps or holes in the roof and walls that rats can use to enter the roof space.
Install wire mesh around the main electrical cable to prevent rats from climbing up it.
- Consider using a specially designed rat guard to block off the cable entry point into the house.
- Trim back any tree branches or other vegetation that may be providing rats with a bridge to the roof.
- Remove any potential food sources, such as bird feeders or pet food, that may be attracting rats to your property.

In addition, I recommend contacting a professional pest control service to address the issue and provide further guidance on how to prevent rats from entering your home.

budgel, Jan 19, 8:51am
Block it off and lay out some rat baits.

trade4us2, Jan 19, 9:04am
I have never understood why builders put corrugated iron on a roof without blocking up the corrugations. I suppose the building code isn't worried about that. Why ever not?

megan109, Aug 24, 3:03pm
Get a cat