Rats and Mice

morland3, Mar 18, 3:59pm
Invading my roof space,Pest Control been twice now to secure bait up there as they found droppings and the scratching at night is bloody scary but we've had no success in getting rid of them. Bait station also outside nxt to drain where there getting in but it seem s there being very clever and cunning and avoiding the bait which I don't know what nxt.

trade4us2, Mar 18, 4:57pm
I think the rats and mice were getting in under the corrugations in the iron.
I pushed chicken wire under all the corrugations and squirted expanding foam over the chicken wire. That seems to have worked.
Goodness knows why builders leave holes all over houses so that vermin can get in.

morland3, Mar 18, 5:02pm
Yes I had thought of getting some wire to put just over the drain pipes holes there is a grate there but to just place over to see if that makes any difference. I've had mice issues in previous house but once pest control guy cam laid bait the issue seemed to get better quick but not this time unfortunately and we're not even in winter yet! Hate them

megan109, Mar 18, 5:33pm
Get yourself a couple of cats then no more rats or mice

bryshaw, Mar 19, 10:43pm
Or a foxie like ours. She actually has caught birds when they take flight and has kept the rats and cats away.

gracie3, Mar 26, 6:39pm
I brought a plug in mice repellent last year and have literally had 2 mice in the house since! I got it from Mitre 10.

pauldw, Mar 26, 9:51pm
There are numerous videos on YouTube showing mice and rats either ignoring plug in repellers or climbing all over them.

gpg58, Mar 27, 2:13am
https://www.mortein.co.nz/products/bombs/mortein-kill-protect-flea-bomb-twin-pack/
3 thrown in roof space (under the floor too if needed), mortein 9 month flea bombs, dealt to them for a season here, when they were really bad, lots running around, it killed the young in the nests in ceiling(yes they smell though), But discouraged adults coming back.
These days i find, if i empty a can of fly spray, into the flat roof area above my bed, they leave (sometimes 2 nights in a row), and never get too nesting.

mrsvonflik, Apr 3, 8:58am
Does any one know the name & price of the gas powered rat traps please

magenta, Apr 3, 9:22am
Goodnature is the brand. A24 Rat & Stoat Trap Kit. I think you can buy them at Mitre10 as well. They have to be set up properly according to the instructions.

magenta, Apr 3, 9:25am
They are not cheap at $199. You still have to get rid of the dead rats, yuk!

joanie04, Aug 5, 6:12pm
First rodent here for ages. One mouse found the trap in my office. Had a issue with rats in the roof space a few years ago. Got rid of the huge rubber plant and after trapping a few we have had no more. Neighbour confirmed the same none of his bait has been taken. He just now has a problem with bunnies. I think the said mouse was passing through as I have not had any in the pantry yet!