Rats under birdcage

traderken, Apr 18, 7:48pm
My wife has a large bird cage at the back of our section that some rats have taken residence under. What would be the best way to get rid of them other than poison [we and the neighbors have pets].
I was given a large trap/cage but it does not seem to be working as it does not matter what we use as bait the rats do not seem to go into it.
Can anybody help with suggestions. Thanks

smoocher, Apr 18, 8:58pm
I used Racumin sachets.
I used these for under the aviary. I pushed them under a small gap, with a little corner in eye line, so I could see if it was still there or had been taken.
The sachets do not kill in one hit, the rat has to eat several before it kills the rat, so secondary poisoning to other animals doesn't happen.
It may take a week of feeding sachets to them everyday, before they start to die and if there is more then one, then you will have to feed longer.
Once the sachets stop being taken, then you know they have done their job.
Racumin works and its a bait they like.

issymae, Apr 18, 9:08pm
had the same trouble a few years back,had to do a concrete pad to keep the rats out;they were migrating from farm shed a few yards over fence, also used rat bait in sheds ( rats were getting the birds )

harrislucinda, Apr 18, 9:08pm
justbroughtahugerattrapTook2nightstogethimfirstnighthe atethecheesesotiedthecheeseon
Gothimdoingthatso goodbyerat

ira78, Apr 18, 10:35pm
I have two rat traps in our ceiling, peanutbutter works great for attracting them, but the bastards seem to just lick off the peanutbutter without setting off the trap!This weekend I think I'll try something I can cabletie to the trigger.

thistle4, Apr 18, 11:04pm
I had to chuckle when I saw your username.lol. My neighbours had a rat problem under their aviary and my Bob (cat) dealt to them in no time. Never seen a cat kill a rat as quickly as he can.

brooksy1, Apr 20, 10:55am
Borrow a Jack Russell

kiwijan2, May 11, 3:00am
yep my jack russell is lightening quick