Brand of new Kitchen Whiteware

molly37, Apr 3, 7:26pm
We are needing new whiteware for kitchen and laundry. have somewhat settled on Miele front loader and a Belling drinks fridge but not really sure what is a good reliable brand for oven and hob, and also integrated rangehood. We already have a fridge and F&P tall dishdrawer. Had Bosch in our old house, but wondered if a change might be nice. Has anyone have AEG? Salesman today was trying to sell it. makes me suspicious.

toyboy3, Apr 3, 7:42pm
Get a lpg gas hob with electric oven

molly37, Apr 3, 7:49pm
Not keen as i want a smooth hob as i have limited bench space and its convenient to use the area. Might get induction.

lythande1, Apr 4, 8:18am
Nice? Why? Stick with Bosch, it's reliable, quality.
Why go with dodgy?

lespat, Apr 4, 9:20am
We had an Electrolux induction hob installed a year ago and wouldn't get one again. Too sensitive. A little pot spillover or even pot movement and it will switch off. Takes 1 - 2 minutes to get restarted again. Other brands may be different

angie117, Apr 8, 11:06am
Agree. Love Bosch.

pattym1, Apr 8, 12:14pm
I have a Smeg 90cm oven with 6 burner gas top, a Bosch dishwasher and an Asko range hood - all have been running reliably for about 8 years now.

trade4us2, Apr 8, 12:15pm
My Bosch washing machine died just inside the guarantee period. The engineer said it was too expensive to fix, even though it still worked half the time. It was so complicated inside that I couldn't check out the circuit board for bad components or bad soldering. I am disappointed with Bosch.

molly37, Apr 8, 8:31pm
How disappointing! . At this stage we await quotes for these appliances. currently looking at Bosch or AEG. but Miele front loader. though I'd like one that has both hot and cold water input. still exploring this.

hammer23, Apr 8, 11:39pm
A must have is an under sink hotwater boiler that produces instant boiling water for hot drinks. One came with our new house and I was sceptical but now am a convert,in fact I can't even find the jug . Do not fit a 1/4 size bowl for the waste master,to small but rather fit the waste master in the big bowl and poke every thing down it easily.

bryshaw, Apr 9, 3:55pm
Yes the Greens want electricity power stations fired with coal imported from Indonesia.

ryanm2, Apr 11, 8:40pm
We have just done up our 3rd kitchen in 3 years, from experience we went Bosch induction hob, ( had Belling - ok ) , ( had Whirlpool - excellent ) (had Omega - bad )but are getting another Bosch as they were the cheapest at Harvey Norman. Really liked our last Ariston wall oven but cant get model again so have gone Westinghouse. Bosch diswasher - no brainer. Samsung fridge.

tygertung, Apr 11, 11:27pm
I think you may be mistaken. I don't believe that is a green party policy.

Gas isn't going to be banned soon, new installations are being phased out at a future time, but you will still be able to get gas bottles filled.

sstraight, Apr 13, 7:50am
I have a AEG oven and love it. If you can afford to do prolitic do it. It does have a lot of functions that I don’t use but love that fact that it seals unlike my last oven. I have only had it for about 8 months.

farawaytoo, Apr 13, 1:13pm
Of all the kitchen appliances the oven is the item I would spend the most on. . after living in a few houses with the more budget model ovens they definitely have drawbacks - temperature regulation etc. You definitely get what you pay for. Pyrolitic is a function that cleans the oven for you and is brilliant. I have just bought a new Fisher and Paykel oven with it. my previous oven was a Smeg and it wasn't the best.

sanders4, Aug 2, 11:54am
Updated kitchen 2 years ago - Midea induction hob $345, Midea oven $460 but best of all Samsung dishwasher for $480 which allows top/bottom wash or both for a whole $490. Forget the aeg/smeg rubbish at $2000 per piece - over priced junk.Just google for the whole truth. Forgot to mention - wife has cooked professionally in the past and does not like me finding bargains based solely on price but these items rock