Tips and tricks most probably no one knows. post

Page 3 / 3
bill1451, Apr 12, 8:30pm
um why, pour off some paint first so the tin aint so full and put drill on slow speed for a while, just be careful, been doing it for years never had any probs.

gunhand, Apr 12, 9:04pm
Past on posters? Whats this mean? surely it's not meant to say "paste" But you never make mistakes, only point them out to others. Suppose you are going to say it an acceptable spelling in some old text you found in a dusty old book from 1826.

lovelurking, Apr 12, 9:40pm
Because when it goes round and round really really fast the paint pot gets ripped out of your hands and sprays paint everywhere.🤣
I watched my Mum do that when I was a little girl, it still makes me laugh when I think of it.

marte, Apr 13, 1:19am
A workmate must have been pushing to hard & drilled a hole thru the bottom of the paint tin. I got reminded about it every time I set up the spray pots.

And hint:
If you are mowing a lawn thats too long to mow in one go. So you have to mow once at the highest level, then a second cut at a lower level.

Do the first, higher mowing setting cut at a angle to the final mow.
Like if its a rectangle, first mow from one corner to the opposite corner, dividing the lawn into two triangles, then mow in parallel to that strip,
Then on the lower cutting setting, mow lengthwise.

Thus way the grass dosn't all fold the same way & when the wheels push the grass down in the same places. The second cut pulls the grass back into place & It makes a much neater final mowing finish.

A Council worker told me this, he said they try ,& mix the order of workers mowing lawns so that they get mowed in a different pattern each time.

gunna-1, Aug 2, 7:02pm
This one might be well known, or maby not, i,me not sure, but when you spill hot coffee or tea on the carpet if you put droplets of cold water on it while it is still warm it dilutes it before a stain sets in, like that annoying time you bash your elbow opening a door and dont spill much but droplets, you just pour a tiny amount, a few drops of cold water straight onto the warm coffee droplets quickly before they cool and leave them to dry, nothing elce it works for me.