Tips and tricks most probably no one knows. post

Page 2 / 3
sossie1, Mar 30, 11:09am
Plastic Meat Tray Basil.

Clean out some meat trays.
Put in some potting mix and basil seeds.
Place on windowsill in the kitchen.

I've had masses of basil all summer.

oakcottage, Mar 30, 11:28am
When making mince (any kind) patties or meatballs or rissoles, instead of adding chopped onion and an egg to bind, add a packet of maggi onion soup (Dry mix) Add your usual herbs and spices too. It binds it together and tastes great. No big mouthfuls of onion and gentler on the stomach than the raw onion. Don't fall apart when frying/grilling either. Just leave it to sit for half and hour after mixing before shaping. to "dissolve" the soup.

mcgolly, Mar 30, 3:54pm
cleans the fishtank too.
also feed parboiled zucchini to your plecos

sly-man, Mar 30, 4:51pm
And walnuts instead of pine nuts

zak410, Mar 30, 7:43pm
You can very likely download the 'Laser Level' application free for your smartphone, handy to check level and plumb !

It even does 2 ways levels and once calibrated is great for levelling washing machines for example.

cinderellagowns, Mar 30, 9:25pm
Also try cashew nuts instead of pinenuts

vomo2, Mar 31, 6:35pm
Mix some radish seed with your carrot seed, the radish pops up early showing the rows. No need to thin the carrots its done when you pull the radishes.

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 1, 6:35pm

shortsbandy, Apr 1, 7:41pm
Very true.

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 1, 8:10pm
Btw, cashew nuts are very moreish. But they come with a huge human and environmental load.

https://www.foodunfolded.com/article/cashew-nuts-the-hidden-cost-of-production

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 1, 8:11pm
Just be sure your Will is up todate.

athena2, Apr 1, 8:34pm
That's a great idea! Thanks, I'm going to try that!

annie17111, Apr 1, 9:04pm
I use a nail brush to scrub stains on clothing with a little stain remover. Helps remove the stains easier.

mazalinas, Apr 1, 11:36pm
Don't bother making messy meatballs anymore. Just buy Italian flavoured sausages and cut each one into five or six pieces depending on the size of the sausage. I use scissors to cut them and I don't bother peeling off the skin because - well - why bother.

heisei28, Apr 2, 8:27am
Pee in a different spot on your lawn every day to ensure a lush green lawn through summer.
One 500ml pee will cover 0.5m2.
Instantly say no to everything, even if you renege, they'll stop asking eventually.
Better living everyone.

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 2, 9:43am
Those aren't meatballs you silly sausage.

Those are baby sausies!

lovelurking, Apr 2, 2:43pm
There are a few reasons, it can break the windscreen because of the sudden change of temperature, the runoff freezes on contact with the ground and become treacherous, and, the best one I’ve seen was when the water froze as soon as it hit the car ( a hose was used to ‘wash’ it off) and the car owner had to wait til it thawed out before he could open the doors. It was a keyless entry car.The doors had frozen shut and the owner had to wait hours for the sun to get to it.

lakeview3, Apr 2, 3:03pm
depends how healthy you are- you may end up killing the whole lot, at least you won’t need to mow it!

joanie32, Apr 3, 8:56am
Rubbish

raewyn2, Apr 3, 9:27am
Unless your air temp is well sub-zero, DO use a jug of luke-warm water. A quick splash and the ice is gone, and the warmth will stop it re-freezing before the car's fan takes over.

raewyn2, Apr 3, 9:36am
The risk would depend on so many things. Basically when handling compost assume that it is full of pathogens (it is) and wear gloves/wash hands. We avoid significant amounts of raw meat and bury that instead (needs to be deep), but small off cuts, washings of blood off the meat trays etc all go in. Along with anything that has been cooked (no bones though in case the neighborhood cat gets in). Overall, if it's biodegradable, in it goes.

raewyn2, Apr 3, 9:45am
Sounds like a tasty idea, but I'd be concerned about the numbers of additives in the processed soup. I don't know why you'd get raw onion from the conventional way - the mince needs to be properly cooked through anyway. One thing I sometimes add is grated carrot and/or chopped spinach.

lovelurking, Apr 3, 2:44pm
I’ve seen every thing mentioned in my post happen with my own eyes. Not all at the same time mind you.
The windscreen cracked from top to bottom, the driveway froze like a skating rink and the car that got the hose and froze is a friend of ours from Auckland. He was staying with us when he did it.

The thread is “tips and tricks most probably no one knows. post.
Ok this is random anything that you know and you doubt anyone else does”

I don’t tell lies. 🤬

intrade, Apr 12, 10:20am
Someone said new world special then the same spacial ar at pack and notsave. I tested this is how it is.

bill1451, Apr 12, 8:23pm
broken glass has an edge, that if you handle the wrong way is sharper than a razor blade as I found out, and took a wafer thin slice off my fingers, best to wrap with gaffer tape.