Water timers continually failing, any tips?

sooby, Oct 22, 7:13pm
hi guys,

Have noticed our water timer leaks on shutting off. Fair enough it is probably three or four years old now, but is there anything I can do to prevent this leaking?

I'm guessing the water pressure is just too much for the unit when closed and leaks happen, however I need that pressure to get a useful range of sprinkler throw.

Model is similar to this: http://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/garden_centre/watering/gardena_2_hour_water_timer__105653/

trad, Oct 22, 10:00pm
Looking at my Pope (by Toro) 2 hour manual dial up timer now. (I bring it in for winter). I estimate it is 10 years old and it still works well on town mains pressure here.

nzmax, Oct 22, 10:54pm
Where does it leak from? Have you replaced the washer from where it screws onto the tap?

grassman, Oct 22, 11:06pm
It may have a small piece of dirt stuck inside but probably the water pressure. That is not the strongest unit around but you get what you pay for. Turn off the tap after use. Same problem occurs with Y junctions people use on taps for 2 hoses. They are not designed to take the water pressure when turned off and normally split in centre.