Water leaking from toby box

Page 2 / 2
pico42, Dec 28, 11:18am
“Toby” refers to the connection, delineated by the valve. Such connections were labelled as toby on old council record plans as a contraction of the words “to boundary”. Of course language is such that it now exists as a word in its own right.

budgel, Dec 28, 12:48pm
Sorry! I suppose the good news is that you wont be getting billed extra for it! A bummer about the waste though.

nzshooter01, Dec 28, 1:47pm
Just had a look on mr google , he says different, but im not going to get in a fight about it, merry xmas

smoky80, Dec 28, 2:05pm
Thank you all for your messages. Good news is that the leak was fixed just now. it was at the joint where the water gets distributed to our property and our neighbour. a tiny hole or two i'd say on the T/Y joint- not visible to eyes but was sufficient for the water to leak and find its way out of our toby box. the driveway concrete had to be drilled (not much area thankfully) to reach the joint. the pit has been temporarily filled now. i was told another crew will come at some stage to put the new concrete.

marte, Dec 28, 5:46pm
Yep I wondered too. Mines on my property about 6 inches above my main power cable.
Quote Wellington CC { A toby is the water shut-off valve, generally located at the boundary of your property, that sits between the council water main and your private water pipe. }

pauldw, Aug 30, 2:46am
A blue cover in many areas is used to cover water meters and black covers for just valves. Who organised the repair, you or the council?