New guttering leaking - advice please

annrob, Feb 20, 7:42pm
Hi
I just installed new guttering on my house as the old one had deteriorated, and it is leaking in most joins. I have asked the tradesman to repair it just now, but wanted advice.
Is it normal for water to come from the connections in almost every piece of guttering! If not, what has gone wrong here!
I am hoping it will not be anything serious, but there are a couple of other minor issues to address as well. I am hoping that this is not a lemon of a job.

buddytom, Feb 20, 7:51pm
I would have thought that you would not get any leaks anywhere. I assumeit is the plastic guttering. I get some drips from dew/rain on the outside but nothing from inside I think it is an installation problem and the installer should rectify it

twink19, Feb 20, 7:57pm
shouldnt leak, we had new spouting done (metal) no leaks at all

biggles45, Feb 20, 8:18pm
We had new plastic guttering installed with no leaks at all.

nitronz, Feb 20, 8:35pm
if its the plastic stuff the joints are meant to be glued.if they leak then he didnt glue them.the whole point of guttering is to catch water so if they leak they are done wrong

kcc55a, Feb 21, 1:27am
You have a valid complaint under the Consumer Guarantees Act that the service provided was not adequate.

annrob, Feb 21, 4:42am
Thanks heaps- great advice from both forums. I am so ignorant so I want to make sure I am not wrong in case I make an idiot of myself.
I have asked him back to rectify the situation and if he does so, I will have it double checked.

Thanks

jude343, Feb 22, 10:03am
go get a roofer, or plumber to see what is wrong.

annrob, Feb 25, 4:19am
What would you say if this roofer arranged to meet you twice, and twice claimed he turned up early to fix it. The first time there was no improvement. The second time he sent me a text claiming to have fixed it from my house but I was home early to meet him.
I will be checking in the morning but I am suspicious that the two neighbours on the shared drive did not see him. Either day.
Now that is possible, but hardly probable.
If it is still an issue (and I am reasonably sure it is) what do I do next!

solarboy, Feb 25, 4:38am
Suggest to your "roofer" that you're not getting a Fair Go and check if there's an equivalent of the Master Builder's Association for plumbers/roofers/(cowboys) .

solarboy, Feb 25, 4:39am
And you've had RAIN , lucky you !

aredwood, Feb 25, 7:02am
Is he actually a roofer, or plumber! Or is he just a jack of all trades but no good at any of them! As far as I know there are no restrictions on who can install spouting. Therefore if you can't get him to come back and fix his work. You will probably have to pay someone else to fix it and take him to the disputes tribunal to recover your costs.

hammer23, Mar 23, 6:49am
So he has given you an outdoor shower at no cost and you are still not happy. No one else gets one of those, names please so the word can get around.