My roof is leaking

crazylady, Jun 19, 8:13am
Have water running down a corner and dripping from top of window. Dumb question but do a call a plumber or builder?

tearaitrader, Jun 19, 9:24am
either . builder will have a lower hourly rate.Maybe look for an all trade outfit like Lazer.

golfdiver, Jun 19, 7:04pm
Call a roofer, not the others. So often I get called after builders and plumbers have had a crack and a simple repair ends up costing more than it would have

lythande1, Jun 19, 7:06pm
A roofer. Plumbers deal with pipes etc, not roof repairs.

lissie, Jun 19, 7:28pm
I always feel sorry for roofers - the average home owner doesn't seem to consider them a proper trade!

tweake, Jun 20, 12:02am
yes, there is lots of trades home owners never think of and often even builders or site managers don't think of.
often they just do not want to deal with yet another tradesman. especially when they can go buy the gear and do it themselves. its only later when it fails that the tradesman gets called in to fix it.

about 50% of my work load used to be fixing up other tradies workmanship thats not even their trade. the customer pays twice.

hammer23, Jun 20, 4:40am
You deal with who you have most confidence in. Roofer,builder,plumber all quite capable of doing the job with the right attitude. I watched a roofer "fix" a leaky roof next door the other day. Had the flash van,flash ladders,the I am the man attitude but still left the down pipe discharging straight onto a lead head nail,oh well my lips are sealed I am only an old school builder with a bung knee.

golfdiver, Dec 11, 9:41pm
Nothing to do with attitude, all to do with skills.