Replacing Feltonmix Shower

nzmax, Aug 2, 7:38pm
You can still buy the mixers and seal kits, which im guessing is what you mean with M10 having the same shower. Friends have recently replaced the seals in theirs that was leaking.
https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/search?text=felton&q=felton

hulloitsme, Aug 3, 1:27am
I bought the seal kit and did the job myself. piece of cake! You will need to turn your water supply off while you do the job. You do know where your "toby" is? LOL

arabelle, Aug 3, 6:01am
Im old and with no great plumbing ability changed mine, only thing was I wasnt brave enough to change the washer on the hot water one. but now have all the gear to do so. [It drips about 2 per minute] I took photos as I took each part off, in case I needed to check on the replacing, but didnt need to refer to them. have a towel and a wee bucket to catch the drips as you undo it, and it really is easy peasy

bit, Aug 3, 8:58am
Plumbers replaced my Felton mix several years ago. No wonder they never sent me the invoice. It wasn't until the shower lining started to turn to pulp that I found out they broke it and left it to leak inside the wall.

I'm sure that won't happen to you.

rbd, Aug 3, 9:29am
When you say "leaks", leaks from where? Do you mean drips from the shower head, or runs down the wall of the shower from the bleed hole on the bottom of the wall surround?

Very easy to replace the seals. Depends on how big the hole in the wall if you can replace the whole assembly.

Unscrew the head, pull off the lever, unscrew the wall plate and look to see if it is wet inside. If not, just replace the seals.

lythande1, Oct 10, 3:10am
x1
Replacing a shower can be a daunting task, especially if you are unsure about the best way to go about it. If you are looking to replace your Feltonmix shower, you may be wondering whether you should buy a new mixer or just replace the seals. While it is possible to still buy the mixers and seal kits for the Feltonmix shower, it is important to consider the pros and cons before making a decision.

One advantage of replacing the mixer is that it will provide you with a brand new shower that is unlikely to develop any leaks or faults in the near future. This can save you money in the long run, as you will not have to replace any parts for a while. Additionally, if you choose to replace the mixer, you will have the option to upgrade to a newer and more modern shower system that may offer better features and functionality.

On the other hand, replacing the seals in your Feltonmix shower can be a more affordable option. This is especially true if the shower is still in good condition, and you simply need to fix a leaking seal. Replacing the seals can be a relatively simple process that can be done by yourself or a professional. Furthermore, it can extend the life of your shower, meaning that you won't have to replace it for a while.

When making your decision, it is important to consider your budget, the condition of your shower, and your personal preferences. If you have the budget for it and want a completely new shower experience, then replacing the mixer may be the best option for you. However, if you want a more affordable option that can fix the issue at hand, then replacing the seals may be the way to go.

Replacing a shower can be a complex decision that requires careful consideration. If you are thinking about replacing your Feltonmix shower, you have the option to either replace the mixer or just replace the seals. Both options have their pros and cons, and it is important to weigh these up before making a decision. Regardless of what you choose, make sure that you take the necessary steps to ensure that your shower is properly installed and maintained to prevent any future issues.