2400 for hrv fan?

peacebird15, Oct 28, 1:26am
We have a 2 fan unit in our roof, the systems been great, and lasted a good 16 years. the slave fan has died, the helpful people at HRV told my wife its 2400 to replace it.
Since the kids are kind keen to eat in the next few weeks, I was thinking about getting another unit on trademe. Have they changed much in the last 16 years or will there be issues with the control panel?
Any advice appreciated!

biggles45, Oct 28, 6:33am
I have no idea about compatibility of newer components with older systems, but we are thinking of upgrading ours and were told there is a new system that has come out very recently. $2400 sounds dear, we were quoted $1800 by HRV to upgrade to the new system, this was a couple of months ago.

pettal, Oct 28, 6:34am
Has the electric motor died or just a solenoid or similar that can be replaced ?

johotech, Oct 28, 9:50am
Get a competent electrician to check it. Motor can be replaced or even rewound if necessary.

You don't have to pay HRVs extortionist prices.

smallwoods, Oct 28, 3:11pm
Oh Jono, might just be the local rep getting his gauge out of it?
By all means get it checked by a sparky first.

In 16 years, heaps have changed.
Even ours which was the last of the old model to the new model.
We had a small problem between the control panel and fan system and HRV upgraded ours (hold your hat Jono) at NO COST.
Been in 4 years now.

johotech, Oct 28, 5:17pm
So they bloody well should. It's easily covered under the CGA regardless of their warranty. If you have a problem, they should fix it.

They ripped you enough for the initial sale, they can easily afford it.

And who is Jono?

smallwoods, Feb 24, 4:48pm
Can't be ripped, we were happy with the outcome.
We looked at the others and decided HRV offered what we wanted.

When the console had a fault, they chose to upgrade it, they didn't have too?
Could have replaced with what we bought?
Sorry, hit the "n" instead of the "h"