Heat Pumps(Mitsubishi)

gazzat22, Jun 3, 2:21pm
House has a Heat Pump with outside unit.This year seems to be putting a lot more water out of drain than last year .Usage is about the same.Should the unit be level or sloped.Drain is on left hand side.Thanks

regy_2005, Jun 3, 2:25pm
My Mitsi has always put out alot of water .It is level

axelvonduisberg, Jun 3, 2:29pm
Have you cleaned your filters recently?

gpg58, Jun 3, 3:07pm
If it the large size mitsubishi outdoor, it is imporant for right end not be low, or it will rust out quickly.
They have a stupid weaving drainage path under fan, the around compressor, and the compressor insulation often sits down on drain tray, meaning it absorbs water, then sits forever wet, and will rust out tray(seen many) and even thru compressor's body(seen 2 do it).
Personally i drill for a second outlet fitting in right rear corner of tray, and make sure insulation is sitting high enough.
Lots of water is normal in high relative humidity, and defrost's are more often too,(if below 5-7deg). As temperature drops below zero, most moisture will have settled out of air, so defrost and water output can be less.

Assume we talking about outdoor units drain, as indoor unit drain only has moisture when unit is on COOLING.

gabbysnana, Jun 3, 3:11pm
My drain is no where the compressor, comes down the wall to the concrete pad and drains into the garden.

gazzat22, Jun 3, 3:52pm
Yes Thanks.

gazzat22, Jun 3, 3:55pm
Yes Unit is out door.Seems to be more water than last year but then cold weather came a bit earlier this year . Thanks

crab2, Jun 4, 3:57pm
We have 2 Mitsi Heatpumps and the drain is nowhere near the outside unit, in fact they both ended up in one hose to drain away into the garden

elect70, Nov 3, 8:43am
Just high humidity . shows its working wellif its indoor unit .If Outdoors its probably colder this year & defrosting more . Once ambient is below 0 more it defrosts .