Which of these h/pumps DELIVER 8kw at -3° please?

kwaka5, Jul 25, 5:10am
And in saying that. for my area it doesn't have one listed either but I have a Fujitsu asta24 and it copes ok. I have crap insulation and no double glazed windows. I think if you were worried, forget hitachi and mitsi and go for a 10 kW Fujitsu instead.

kwaka5, Jul 25, 5:15am
Just realised when I looked at mine it's an 8 kW not 9, but I saying that the theory remains the same.

katalin2, Jul 25, 6:00am
Our Fujitsu 8kw floor model does well at -3 and even lower. In new house 5 years old.

biggles45, Jul 25, 6:16am
We have the same type and it coped well in the recent -5 mornings, old villa with single glazing and roof insulation only.

wendalls, Jul 25, 10:10am
Ok then. I thought that it reaches a temperature and then takes a break (!thermostat) and saves you some power until it needs to come on again sort of like my spa pool. Turned them both on at the same time and an extra $150 to my monthly power bill.
I am pleAsed to hear that though and have been consistently running the temp lower this month so will see if it's an improvement.

paix1, Jul 28, 5:36pm
Johotech - some comments please if you don't mind. What do you know (if anything) about the new Daikin floor mounted radiant heatpump? I believe they are very new & only a few installed in NZ so far. Any pros & cons with Daikin floor - mounted in general? Many thanks

johotech, Nov 10, 10:59am
I don't really know anything about them. But I can see from the specs that they are only designed for smaller rooms or living areas up to roughly 35-40m2 (depending where you live).

Also on that model the airflow is only about 70% of the standard floor mounted unit which makes them one of the quietest units, but all Daikin units are quiet. But this would probably make them useful only for modern well insulated homes.

You'll get plenty of advice from your Daikin dealer.