Macerator pumps, reliability

zirconium, Oct 21, 1:34pm
Hi, please could anyone with experience tell me their stories of reliability issues with various makes of these pumps? (Sanitary booster pump). This is for a unit where people live, rather than for a batch. Particularly interested in the grundfos sololift2 verses sanismart verses saniflow. All opinions/experience welcome, and would love the technical reasons as well. :)
Thanks in advance

omamari, Oct 21, 4:40pm
I don't know anything about macerator pumps, but Grunfos water pumps are excellent quality and seem to last forever

zirconium, Oct 21, 5:37pm
Hi Omamari that has also been our experience with grundfos water and submersible pumps. :)

Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with any of these macerators, too.

socram, Oct 22, 8:12pm
Ours is used in a little used guest en suite. You need to make sure they are run now and again, as ours seized.

I asked the plumber to leave the old unit behind and within 3 minutes, I had freed it off, so was a bit miffed that he hadn't tried that before fitting a new unit as it had hardly been used.

If people are living there shouldn't be a problem, but it is critical that you stick a notice on it that sanitary products should not be flushed down it.

Whilst whoever is living there might be aware, visitors may not be.

Equally, only this week, we had a film crew using our house and we got a call to say the toilet was leaking and would we sort out a plumber.

I went back to the house and found that the neon switch I'd wired near the unit wasn't lit, so the pump wasn't working. Checked the fuse board and the crew had tripped the circuit. Reset and all good. They were a bit embarrassed. Still drying out the (washed) towels they used to mop the floor and the carpet.

sr2, Oct 23, 1:23am
We've had a Wallace Multi-San for some 15 odd years in a small downstairs bedsit, (it has a toilet, hand basin, sink and shower connected to it).
Have to say it's been a simple reliable unit; it trips it's thermal overload and stops well before it overheats and its an easy job to clear it when it happens. We had a small issue with it (a faulty pressure valve) recently and Wallace went out of there way to help resolve the problem.

Great to use a product from a local company, highly recommended.

zirconium, Feb 28, 7:11pm
Thanks all, socram, do you know what brand/model yours is? :)