Heat transfer finally in

cantab66, May 24, 8:08am
After 2 years of discussions we finally bit the bullet and installed a heat transfer Why did we wait, house is toasty no cold bedrooms, definitely recommend

tweake, May 24, 8:34am
what setup did you get?

cantab66, May 24, 8:57am
Heat trans pro series 3 bedroom unit brought t mega, added 4th bedroom Was the only one e where we could add to without voiding the warranty

annies3, May 24, 11:54pm
Yes they are brilliant if you have a good heat source, we don't have a transfer system here but have had one before. would put one in if had the chance.

jacqui248, May 26, 1:05am
soo tell me something . is it HOT air that blows out the vents?

See my other thread on heat transfer if you want to know i ask the question.

As this is still not HOT. or warm hardly. but i still aint got a thermometer to actual check

siobhan41, May 26, 1:41am
They are great would easily lift the bedroom temp by a few degrees.

ira78, May 26, 4:14am
Unless you have HOT air going into the intake, you're not going to get HOT out of the outlets. You'll have whatever temperature is being sucked in from the source room, minus a few degrees for losses at the vent. And then it's going to feel a bit cooler from wind chill because it's blowing. Hands in a breeze are a worse than useless thermometer.

coolnzmum, May 26, 5:06am
Friend of ours reckons you should build a box around your flue if you are taking heat from a fireplace and take the heat from around the flue in your ceiling rather than taking heat from a room your are trying to heat.

russ18, May 26, 5:08am
Maybe in theory but it sounds like a recipe for a burnt down house to me.

tweake, May 26, 6:35am
if you cool the flue to much it can end up having a large amount of gunk build up in the flue (unless very clean burning pellet fire etc)

210sback, May 26, 7:24am
your friend is a muppet.

goatchickens, Jun 1, 6:28am
We are going into our second winter with our heat transfer unit, as brand as mentioned above (for 3 bedrooms). No more condensation on bedrooms walls = no more black mould on bedrooms walls (the amount of black mould in one room was SCARY). The rooms are much more comfortable overnight and no more feeling dampness everywhere. House still only 1/4 insulated. If you place the intake vent where the heat from your fire 'pools' it takes the excess out of the room to where it needs to be, and the air that comes out is not cold. Not HOT, but also not cold. The moving warm air stops condensation.

Our house is a 1905 cottage, 100 sqm.

jacqui248, Jun 1, 7:38am
would you call it WARM though? what you can feel coming out close up? I am still sure mine is not right.

jacqui248, Jun 1, 7:41am
i know when ours was set up the old crappy way where we plugged it in. it was warm to touch, there was no cold BREEZE like wind. mixed in with the hot like now. im not gonna rest till i get to the bottom of this.

goatchickens, Jun 3, 9:14am
When it first starts up, it's lukewarm. We have it set to come on when it hits 20C in the lounge. Just the moving air helps stop condensation. By the time it's been going for a couple of hours, the air is most definitely warm.

jacqui248, Dec 24, 12:07pm
thank goatchicken