Heat transfer systems

wilt, Apr 25, 10:13am
We are looking at getting one installed as our lounge where the log burner is gets too hot, while the rest of the house is cool. Any recommendations / feedback!. Thanks.

kuaka, Apr 25, 11:09am
A cheaper option is to open the lounge door and let the heat go through to the rest of the house

pete48, Apr 25, 7:46pm
I put in a Weiss 2 room one about 5 years ago. Got it from Mitre10 mega. Would recommend them. When putting motor unit and ducting in roof space, suspended it all with straps from the roof trusses. This was so motor unit didn't create vibration if lying on top of ceiling.Peter

imagine4, Apr 25, 8:23pm
my thoughts exactly

planespotterhvn, Apr 25, 8:38pm
even a table mounted fan on the hall floor blowing the cold airback towards the lounge and enhance the natural circulation of the heat convection. Or a dehumidifier in the hall with the circulation fan blowing air in the same direction. Or both together.

planespotterhvn, Apr 25, 8:40pm
Gotta keep the teenagers doors open or they freeze.

harrislucinda, Apr 25, 8:49pm
hubbyinstalledaweissfrommitre10fewyearsbackButhavetogetaregelectriantoconnectthepowerWontheatroomsto hotbuttakesthechilloff

golfaholic2, Apr 25, 9:43pm
Not any use to you what so ever , but slighty on topic .

Looking very likely that ,within a week ECan are set to allow a new type of burner onto the market , far cleaner than anything see before , and for ALL homes in CHCH .
ECan lead the way for NZ , they are responible for authorising burners for homes thruout NZ so expect to see all NZ follow the same path .
The new burners "I can only speak for the one type I'm familiar with" will be used differently .
Small one room burners will be available , but bigger 10-20Kw units have heat extracted into water which can be sent thru the house via underfloor or radiators , or can be transfered to air and sent thru Wiess type systems .meaning say 5Kw into the room and 10Kw's for the rest of the house .far more user friendly

tub4, Apr 26, 8:20pm
We fitted a "Heat Trans" from Bunnings, we used 3 room but added a 4th outlet. All up it took our son and I 3hrs to install, the sparky was only 1hr so total cost was under $800. Very happy as the whole house is pretty much the same temperature right through.

wilt, May 18, 10:53pm
Thanks for the feedback. We do leave the doors open and it makes a bit of difference but not much. Like the teenage advice lol!