Aerlite Heat Transfer Kits

kevthehunter, Apr 13, 3:19am
Has anyone got this and how do you find it works please. Mrs Kev

tweake, Feb 6, 10:09am
i had a look at similar systems.
you must have a source of heat to draw from. either a very hot room or the air is drawn in from near a heat source ie a fireplace.
the reason for this is you loose a HUGE amount of heat in the pipes.
i see that brand has insulated ducting, which is good, but i doubt it will be good enough unless the lengths are very short.
i have read that some people surrounded the pipes with thick ceiling insulation which worked ok IF you have the space to do that.

remember the air going into the room will always be colder than its is coming out of the other room.
also that the air is going in a the top of the room. it will take a long time to push the cold air at the bottom out of the room. that air can go back down the passage way back to the room or it could be pushed out past window seals to the outside. that will also mean cold damp air from outside will be sucked into the hot room which could cause moisture issues.
you would really need a dry source of incoming air like from inside the ceiling.
ideally it needs to work with an HRV type ventilation system. so you push dry air into the hot room, then pump hot air (through very well insulated pipes) into the other room.

make sure you think about how the air is going to flow and return back.