Heat transfer question

yarrow65, Jul 7, 7:56pm
If I bought a heat transfer system off trade me then who would I get to install it, a builder or an electrician ? I have a feeling it would be cheaper than going through our local heat shop; however, I would probably get quotes before deciding

johotech, Jul 7, 8:33pm
Electrician

long_gone_lucy, Jul 7, 11:45pm
Electrician - we got a Smartvent installed just before winter and it made an overnight difference. Well worth the money if you have a good strong heat source.

t_naki, Jul 8, 6:14pm
Whatever you do you will need an electrician to wire up the fan but the rest can be done by anyone. You could try a local home handy man service like Hire a Hubby but probably an electrician would save double handling it.

simeon_, Jul 8, 7:23pm
i installed one. but electrician wired it up. is there good roof space?

acrobat, Nov 20, 6:47pm
DIY for installation yourself, easy enough as its just flexible hose, cut them to length you need for each room, cut some circles in the ceiling and fit, but get a registered sparky to wire it up. It should come with a small switchboard or remote that you can adjust your settings for it. They are awesome. I don't get any mould in the ceilings of my rooms now and it's great to just walk into a room and not feel the chill.