New dishwasher-Built under instead of freestanding

gennie, Jul 27, 4:59pm
Dishwasher pump has died on 9 yr old dishwasher and instead of paying the $500+ quoted to fix, we are looking at getting new dishwasher.

Current model is a semi-integrated bosch (so obviously 'built under'). Can we replace with another bosch which is built under but not semi integrated? As previous one was built in, there aren't any end panels on the cabinetry which is what you would need to have for a free standing one. Semi integrated options out there are pretty sparse so that is why looking at built-under with SS front. Am I ok in assuming that a 60cm built under Bosch such as a SMU46GS01A would work fine in the same gap. My knowledge is limited about these things - hoping to purchase and get it installed asap as it is a big time saving device for us.

johotech, Jul 27, 5:46pm
It's hard to work out what you're describing.
They are the same size. Do you think you would need another panel fitted?

A photo would help.

lythande1, Jul 28, 8:20am
I have a freestanding dishwasher, not a Bosch. But, it just has the top on it, you want it to be under cabinetry, you take 2 screws out and take it off. there you go, a under cupboard one.
I would guess most are like that.

amasser, Jul 28, 10:26am
Why would you not ask Bosch or their retailers? Take photo's to the discussion - people's verbal descriptions are seldom useful.

morrisjvan, Oct 14, 2:50pm
If you've got a 600mm gap, you can fit pretty much any thing you like.