Conqueror oil,would it be ok to use it now.

the-archer, Nov 25, 1:46pm
on our lemon tree? .Tree is old,has flowers all over it and bees everywhere.

lythande1, Nov 25, 3:18pm
I wouldn't wait till the flowers are gone then do it.
http://www.apicare.co.nz/about-us/save-the-honey-bee/

Says bee safe but nah. the flowers won't last long you'll have baby fruit, then spray

the-archer, Nov 26, 10:05am
Thanks for the link,ill save it for further reference. Must protect our precious bees .

harrislucinda, Nov 26, 10:42am
what is wrong that you need to apply the oil . can still wipe the leaves if it has meanly bug

maclad, Nov 26, 1:53pm
Well, it probably has whitefly, scale, perhaps psyllids and sooty mould, even aphis, maybe. Nothing wrong with using an oil spray, better than a chemical insecticide. I agree, wait till it has finished flowering. Not seen "meanly" bugs on citrus and I guess it is a huge job to wipe down all the leaves.

harrislucinda, Nov 26, 3:16pm

bryshaw, Nov 26, 4:04pm
Just spray the leaves and white flies stick to it.

lythande1, Nov 26, 4:58pm
Conqueror oil is for scale. Scale suck the sap, that leads to dribbles which attracts ants and the mold.
Whitefly is different. and psyllid get your Solanaceae family, not citrus.

maclad, Nov 26, 8:00pm
Psyllids do attack citrus they hide under the wee blisters on the leaves and cause bumps and distortion of leaves.

harm_less, Nov 26, 10:08pm
That sounds more like verrucosis symptoms, in which case timely copper applications will sort it out. And yes copper is bee toxic so choose your spraying times carefully.

kiwimade64, Feb 5, 5:46am
We use it for scale on our Tasmanian Lime tree. The scale attracts sooty mold and ants. The oil suffocates the scale.

Spray in the cool of the evening as the oil can burn the tree if sprayed while in direct sunlight.