Suremix 2 stroke motor oil

christin, Apr 12, 12:36am
Hi. What has this got added to it to make it this vs normal mower oil.

I have a four stroke mower and this has been added accidentally to top up the oil (not mixed with petrol as I iniw I have 4 stroke so just straight petroll)

It was only a small amount topped up on normal oil. Does this matter or does it need to be replaced?

Thanks

christin, Apr 12, 12:39am
I've just read it's thinner, so nothing added. Will this be okay in my mower if added with normal oil? Ie will it mix together and work okay?

tweake, Apr 12, 6:34am
2 stroke has solvents in it, especially anything that is meant to mix well with petrol.
drain it out and put new oil in.
if it was low on oil it was probably due for an oil change anyway.

budgel, Apr 12, 6:36am
It will be fine as long as it was only a bit. Gotta be better than running it low on oil.

-bookzone-, Apr 12, 6:39am
Half a bottle of Castrol 4T (1litre) mower engine oil should be enough to do an oil change. The litre size costs about $16.00

christin, Apr 12, 6:41am
It was low on oil as some was spilt, it wasn't old oil in there.

Not a lot was put in, but what's the best way to drain it? Is there a plug or is it a matter of tipping it out? It's a masport 500al model if that helps? Thanks

-bookzone-, Apr 12, 6:46am
Either a plug underneath, or just put the mower on its side and drain it through the place you pour in the oil.

-bookzone-, Apr 12, 6:50am

christin, Apr 12, 7:37am
Thanks. I had a read of my manual and wasn't clear if mine had a drain, so will check tomorrow.

richard112, Apr 12, 8:15am
+1 -- IMHO Not worth an oil change for this small amount which will mix with what's there nicely.

tintop, Feb 6, 4:04pm
50:1 dilution with petrol, and two stroke oil still works in a two stroke engine.

Mixing a bit in with standard engine oil is not going to do any harm n a 4 stroke.