Replacing kitchen drawer fronts re sizes?`

vwork, Jan 10, 12:35pm
Hi,
Are sizes still the same as when this 70's+ style was in? Can we just replace the drawer fronts? Or might the dimensions or how they are fitted have changed? Here's a picture on my google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T3dJC2e6evlZGH4YC6CtTMp95pL3N1tm/view?usp=sharing

androth2, Jan 10, 12:48pm
they are metric now.I had to have new drawer inserts made to fit

vwork, Jan 10, 12:54pm
Hmm sounds expensive :(

androth2, Jan 10, 1:01pm
Cover the fronts by glueing with a thin hard plastic which you can buy in various colours by the sheet

fast4motion, Jan 10, 1:42pm
Are the fronts removable? If so, it's easy to replace them. I doubt flatpack fronts are available in the same size, but a kitchen place can make the fronts for you.

zak410, Jan 10, 4:51pm
Most drawers' size are different, so yes a joinery would have to cut/replace new ones.

Could you paint them ?
remove handles, strip the varnish, sand and seal/paint. or yes maybe Formica.

cwag, Jan 11, 4:07pm
I have used a company in Auckland called Cutshop. I think they have branches throughout the country. If you take in the old drawer front as a pattern they will make exact replacements.

vwork, Jan 15, 2:09pm
LOVE the cut new ideas thanks everyone!

tony461, Jan 15, 3:05pm
Left field thought. Sand and spray them, fit new contemporary handles and Bobs your uncle.

zak410, Jan 15, 3:42pm
That would work with modern kitchens where the drawers have a 'double' front.

Looking at the photos in OP, I think the drawers' fronts there are an integral part of the drawers, so they would have to be dismantled, a totally different 'ball game' , I think.

hammer23, Jan 12, 5:07pm
Over the years I have been involved with many kitchens like yours and yes you can put new fronts on those drawers but at what cost. What ever it costs can go a long way to towards replacing the whole kitchen which is what you really need but maybe not prepared for. A make do way may be to sand them down and repaint or have the kitchen guy laminate formica over the fronts but really all you are doing is throwing good money after bad. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's the way it is.