Tap 'falling off'

flier3, Nov 18, 5:30pm
all the time and falling into the kitchen sink. It's the 'handle' bit. Have broken two dishes so far. What can I do to fix it? Many thanks

cagivachick1, Nov 18, 5:53pm
buy a new one, its not rocket surgery

flier3, Nov 18, 6:20pm
Surgery was performed two months ago with new tap fittings

nzjay, Nov 19, 12:10am
Go back to whoever supplied the tap(s), there will be a warranty. Tell them "it's not fit for purpose". It sounds like the screw or nut that holds the handle on has come loose and fallen out.

supernova2, Nov 19, 10:53am
Sounds to me as if whoever did the "surgery" was more of a butcher than a plumber.

Unless it was a faulty product if it's fallen to bits it wasn't fitted/assembled properly.

pandai, Nov 19, 3:46pm
Grub screw that holds the handle on isn't tight enough.

flier3, Nov 20, 1:47pm
I realise that I didn't explain the tap fitting well: It's an over the sink type, where two lengths come through the wall, these join up in a 'T' shape for the water outlet, and then as well, there are the two taps coming out. I can see no screws at all. It's the cold one that pulls/falls off. I think it's shot and would have to get a new fitting for the plumber to re-fit. Bit of a b. r really.

mouse265, Nov 20, 9:45pm
no problem just ring the plumber that did the work and ask them politely to pop in and sort it out

supernova2, Nov 21, 3:09pm
https://www.bunnings.co.nz/bliss-exposed-sink-set_p00162118

If its something like the above - there are several brands/models - then the H and C are little caps that will pop out and behind them is the screw that holds the top/handle onto the tap body. Its a 10second fix.

flier3, Nov 21, 6:01pm
Supernova you are a star! I fixed it and feel really pleased with myself! Can't thank you enough!

mcarky, Nov 22, 4:45pm
Looks like Supernova has done his good deed for the week. However check the other one as well, cause if your installer missed one they have missed both. Don't wait for the fine crockery at Christmas

flier3, Nov 22, 7:55pm
Good idea, mcarky - I'll do that. Thanks

trade4us2, Nov 22, 7:59pm
Always put the plug in, before undoing any little screws or nuts.
Otherwise you will want to know how to get them out of the S bend.

flier3, Nov 23, 10:59am
Already do this!

nzdoug, Nov 24, 8:28pm
Blue Tac

nzdoug, Feb 8, 3:49pm
Then rachet strap.
🙀👏