Tap Question?

rusty-bones, Jan 18, 8:28pm
In my bathroom sink basin I have two taps and a spout, so three holes.
My question is do I need to get the exact measurements I already have or can these be adjusted once someone puts them in for me?
Also the taps I see that I like (second hand) are a spout and two taps but the taps dont pop out the top they come out the front (hope that makes sense) can they just be twisted to pop out the top of the sink?

budgel, Jan 18, 8:34pm
New taps often have some adjustability in their fitting, not usually so with second hand ones, but it does depend on the specific taps you have.
It sounds as if the taps you like are made for mounting in a wall. These usually have bigger flanges than basin taps, and the spout is longer and 90 degrees different from a spout on a basin.

hammer23, Jan 19, 1:18am
what you have to get is the same unit you have now as it is made up in one piece.
Best thing is to nothing and let the plumber supply the fitting and he will get what is required,there is nothing worse than the old I got it at a good price and thought it would fit story.

aredwood, Mar 27, 12:40pm
Just get a single lever mixer. Install it in the centre hole. You might need to drill it a bit bigger. And install 2 basin stoppers to cover the other holes.