Fridge freezing ideas please

maclad, Jan 15, 4:30pm
I have an older Active Smart fridge with a freezer underneath. Over the last 3 or 4 weeks I have noticed that veges put in the fridge itself, rather than the vege bin are freezing. I do know that the top seal on the fridge door is very much in need of replacing. Would this be the cause? Any ideas on costs and best person to use. Thanks.

iluvmuse, Jan 15, 5:02pm
I think it's often just a summer thing with the fridge working overtime. I have drinks randomly freezing in the fridge.

androth2, Jan 15, 5:37pm
Your dud seals are letting the air past and causing your problem

maclad, Jan 15, 5:43pm
Thanks kinda figured that, any idea on cost to replace about 4M of seals.

malcovy, Jan 15, 5:55pm
Are the freezer vents frozen over? Was the freezer door left accidentally open and things partially thawed?

johotech, Jan 15, 6:09pm
There could be quite a few different problems that cause that.

First thing to try would be setting the thermostat slightly higher for the fridge and the freezer.

Some types of veges like lettuce, are easy to freeze exactly at 0deg or just under. You could also just try putting them in the vege bin where they are supposed to be.

maclad, Jan 15, 6:23pm
Thermostat set to one move below highest setting and do realize there maybe other issues. Veges not in bin cos it is already full. This is my own garden produce which I have so much of that it is too much for vege bins.

maclad, Jan 15, 6:26pm
Cannot find any freezer vents frozen over and door beeps if left open. However there is plastic panel on back wall of fridge which looks to be removable and have considered removing it and taking a look inside. Think I need to get proffessional help here.

maclad, Jan 15, 6:28pm
No signs of any ice build up at at all in the fridge

veejay13, Jan 15, 6:56pm
Maclad, if your seals are needing replacing I would think that'd be your problem.I had Seal-a-fridge do mine - from memory they're an Auckland firm but send an agent down here to Tauranga (I think you're in Tga too? ) on a regular basis. Their ph. no. is 0800 36 77 99 and website www.sealafridge.co.nz. I was very happy with the service and the result - sorry I can't remember what I paid (it's 5 1/2 years ago), but thought at the time it was very reasonable and well worthwhie.

maclad, Jan 15, 7:20pm
Thank you so much. Will attempt to get on to them tomorrow, Number noted. Thanks again.

elect70, Jan 16, 2:42pm
This is a common problem on bottom mount fridge freezers . Condensate water gets into the linning between fridge& freezer & its freezing causing freeze burns on green leaf veges especialyif on the bottom of fridge . nothing you can realistically do about it . Once water is i cant get it out & keep it out

maclad, Jan 16, 3:59pm
Freezer is on the bottom and the veges on top shelf are getting burnt.

elect70, Jan 17, 6:01pm
Then the controler needs replacing not cheap over $100 plus fitting

maclad, Jan 11, 1:14pm
Oh, that may well be the case and I will deal to it when I find I need to. But for now the seals definitely need replacing, regardless. So once they are done, if things are no better then I will look further. Thanks.