Transporting fridge

maclad, Dec 17, 4:12am
Can anyone tell me what the procedure is? It will have to lay down in my car, it is only small, but which side do I lay it on? I know it needs to stand upright for at least one hour, after unloading, before use. Thanks for any help.

morrisjvan, Dec 17, 4:41am
I always lay them on the side opposite the hinges, stops the door falling open.

lythande1, Dec 17, 6:07am
If you lie it down, you have to stand them upright for a while before plugging it in.
Don't lie it on the motor side.
Times to let it stand vary depending which site you read, to be safe leave it overnight.

maclad, Dec 17, 6:24am
Thank you that is helpful

daryl14, Dec 17, 6:57am
Lie it so the compressor is down. I.e: on its back. Or borrows a trailer.

tweake, Dec 17, 9:17am
i'm rusty but by mem you lie it down so the tubes in and out of the compressor are above the compressor. the idea is to not have compressor oil go up into the tubes.
there is also one other tube which is blanked off.

also tape the doors shut.

pamow69, Dec 17, 11:09am
Look at the compressor motor. One side will have pipes going up to the cabinet and the other side will have one pipe going nowhere and blanked off at the end. Lay the fridge down with the blanked off pipe facing down. It doesn't matter if the oil & sludge in the motor go into that pipe cause it doesn't go anywhere. Get oil & sludge in the working pipes & you will have problems. Use electrical tape to hold the door closed.

macman26, Dec 17, 11:27am
My fridgi mate said to me many years ago. You will see a Filter/dryer near the compressor.
https://www.google.com/search?q=fridge+filter+drier&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPjZaWouDJAhWkraYKHY77AA0Q_AUICCgC&biw=1280&bih=801

Have this facing up so the oil doesn't get into. And as others have said leave standing up for a while before switching it on

maclad, Dec 17, 5:00pm
thank you every one

cantabman1, Jul 4, 7:04pm
Not correct, half hour will be enough! ex appliance retailer.