Replacing a fridge/freezer seal

pipe213, Jan 10, 9:06am
We are looking to re-seal our fridge and freezer as the doors seem to pop open every now and then.

40wav, Feb 2, 8:10am
Phone 'Sealafridge'. They come to you and Ive only ever had good service and price from them. Had a fridge door done about 8 years ago and it's still good as gold.

paw9, Feb 2, 10:31am
What brand of fridge is it! Easy to do your self if a common brand and notyears old.

cantabman1, Feb 2, 7:22pm
Unless it is a very tidy and less than 10 yrs old, i would suggest that you replace it. I don't think you will get change from $150 if you do both doors, unless you can do it yourself. [not an easy job]

paw9, Feb 3, 4:47am
If you can give me aproduct code, model and serial number off the label on the fridge I maybe able toget you a price.If you can just pull the old seal out a bit and see if it is screwed on or pushed in would also be helpful. Not hard to replace.

zak410, Feb 3, 5:19am
If they are screwed on,
it's an easy job.only if you don??

carter19, Feb 4, 4:47am
We bought ours from Appliance Repairs in Glen Innes. It pushed in. Took a bit of mucking around but so much cheaper than getting a bloke in as we are rural.

paw9, Feb 11, 4:40am
Sorry. - with long weekends etc haven't been on the computer.Well get you price tomorrow. Cheers

shepa1, Feb 11, 9:19am
Ha. Don't bother with Seal-a-fridge. I rang them three times and they rang to confirm day and time three times but never turned up. Never rang to apologise.never heard from them again. They quoted $190 for seals and installation, but in the end I got a seal from a lovely guy here on Trademe and hubby installed them easily. Think I paid $20-30 including postage. This was for a very elderly kelvinator chest freezer.

paw9, Feb 12, 4:13am
Fridge Seal you need is 821101p and costs $38 Freezer seal is 821100p and is $46, You can ring 0800287746 or go online to fisherpaykel.com to order and it will cost you $10 freight.Hope this helps.By the way the fridge is a 2000 model.

donnabeth, Jun 4, 2:09pm
I can't remember where we ended up getting our freezer seal from. The freezer was already old when we bought it over 35 years ago.Seal a fridge didn't service In'gill any more, so we got it from a website. Not expensive, and posted to us with clear instructions.We had a laugh, because the first instruction said to lay it out on a sunny driveway to warm and soften. The day it arrived, we had a huge frost, and the ground was frozen solid.