Trouble with freezer!

escapees, Mar 10, 3:02am
We have a fridge freezer where the freezer part is playing up. It is a fisher and paykel. the freezer isnt completely defrosting but does not keep ice cream etc frozen and other goods a re soft. can these fridges be regased! any other ideas on problem solving or is it time for the flick!

annies3, Mar 10, 3:09am
Have you tried to turn it to a colder temperature !
or checked the door seal !

skin1235, Mar 10, 3:14am
it needs a full defrost, the ice has built up to the point that the normal defrost cycle is not clearing it properly

empty both the fridge and the freezer, open both doors, turn the machine off ( pull the plug) for at least 2 full days

food will keep in a chilly bin with a couple of bags of ice, ask a neighbour re room in their freezer for your frozens for those days

skin1235, Mar 10, 3:15am
if it was low on gas it won't have ice building up

cantabman1, Mar 10, 3:28am
Sorry, read above advice.

jetjoan, Mar 10, 7:40pm
skin 1235 is spot on,it will work after that,cause i got a fridge repair man and thats whathe told me to do,never had any trouble since ,over a year ago

ferrit47, Mar 13, 9:27pm
Yes I second this advice too. Works well.

sunnysue1, Apr 16, 12:08am
Wish I knew what model I had.it had a new thermometer when just out of warranty and the freezer part has never worked properly since. It freezes on the bottom of the freezer over the drain hole and I use the hair drier to clear it. I have another freezer so only use the fridge.but am going to try the 2 days off.starting now!