Tiling, grout and seal

lazeeboy, Jan 1, 9:06pm
I use Sureseal - A silicone based clear sealer that comes in convenient aerosol form, it doesn't change any look of the tile or grout, easy to apply. just spray it on wait for it to soak in to the grout, cloth up the excess, then repeat.lasts about a year before you need it again, try not to get it on anywhere you might need to paint later. Good luck!

agens, Jan 1, 11:26pm
I recently had bathroom retiled.Would the tiler have put on something like Sureseal anyway! I asked the builder but he was surprised I even asked.How do I know if it is waterproof enough for heavy bathroom usage!

lazeeboy, Jan 1, 11:57pm
Most tilers I know don't give it a thought and leave it up to the client to find out the hard way.

As I said - I quote it as a "recommended extra" on top of my quote to install the tiles, as it helps maintain aesthetics allot longer than unsealed grout would.

It's only grout sealer, the idea is this prevents moisture and grot getting into the grout (all grout except epoxy grout is porous) this is not a substitute for a waterproofing membrane.

Might be best you consult with your builder or tiler to find out exactly what was done and where.

jfor, Dec 31, 12:45am
I want to regrout floor tiles, can you put sealer in with grout !

omamari, Dec 31, 2:40am
You can buy an additive to make the grout more water resistant but you still need to seal it.

lazeeboy, Dec 31, 2:41am
Grout sealer would go on after you've done the grouting, usually after 24-48 hours, give it sufficient time to cure then seal away.

I make this a recommended "extra"on all my quotes.

jfor, Jul 10, 12:50pm
Thanx, .I just want to do it ok.