People making upsetting remarks about garden

Page 2 / 2
kiwimade64, Nov 30, 7:21am
I think negativity is a spiral and once started, hard to stop. Some people just have that mindset.

I love my garden and since I have stopped working (for now), our garden is great! But while I was studying and working, the garden was a mess, the weeds were huge but I just didn't have the time to do it and MrK was very ill so couldn't do it either. Swings and roundabouts.

paora-tm, Nov 30, 8:37am
They were probably just being a bit cheeky having you on about missing a few. It might be a bit surprising to find weeds in a garden which is being worked in even day. I have weeds growing which I don't even want to pull out.

grouch, Nov 30, 12:24pm
Well I had a neighbour that used to come over while I was at work and chopped back my trees and whatever else that he thought looked a mess. He never knew what was a weed and what was plants and somethings got removed. One day he removed my rhubarb as he thought it needed to be thinned out. Gosh was I mad. I let strip at him and shouted at him. Imagine my amazement when one day I came home and he had painted my deck and steps for me. He meant well and always thought he was helping out and I must say that he was a brilliant neighbour only he used to take it too far. He used to take my rubbish away for me so was a help. Poor old thing is deceased now.

samanya, Feb 4, 6:15pm
I think you are right . I mowed my neighbour's lawn (rural block, so large lawn, ride on mower stuff) for a few weeks while they were away & had intended to mow it the day before they came home, but it rained & was too wet to get onto. I apologised & told them of my thwarted intentions & he told me that I'd missed a bit!
I didn't even know they had another bit of lawn, behind a hedge out the back.
A cursory 'thanks' & then negativity *rolls eyes*