Spa Pool advice

nafarious, Oct 16, 12:47pm
Hi there,
ANy Spa guru's out there? I have a spa pool with a control panel that doesn't seem to be working properly. All of the buttons work but the screen is blank. I can't see the screen to toggle through the menu and change temp settings.
Can you buy a universal controller for a Spa or do you have to replace with exact one? Thanks in advance.

tsjcf, Oct 16, 1:37pm
Turn the power off and check all the connections inside are ok. Call the spa manufacturer and see if its a common problem and what parts they can suppy. Could be worth having a electrician check as well.

tegretol, Oct 16, 11:49pm
What brand/model is the spa? Can you post a piccie of the control panel? Is it totally dead or does the pump even start up when you turn the joose on?

nafarious, Oct 17, 8:41am
Hi,
It is a Spa Sensation with a SP 800 controller
All of the pump buttons work and the LED screen lights up but there it is blank. We can't tell if the menu and toggle buttons work as the screens blank.
The Spa kicks into gear no problem, heats up but not super hot. Obviously the blank screen = no temp gauge so I have a floating thermometer in there. It gets up to about 34/35 c'.
Have pulled out the connections etc and given everything a clean. I suspect some moisture has got in under the screen. It is $500 for a new control pad :( If I could just reset the temp to a bit warmer it wouldn't matter ! Will have to bite the bullet and get a new one but thought I had best have one last crack at solving it my self. (The Spa pool shop that is local didn't seem interested in anything but making me buy a new one)

tegretol, Oct 17, 11:17am
I suspect that if you pull the control pad out you'll be able to identify it as being a generic one and rather than pay the branded price, it may well be available for a fraction of that price. Most of this stuff comes from China anyway so why pay someone to put their brand on it.

ricp, Mar 5, 7:52am
The SP880 is supplied by Davys pumps in Auckland - I'd say the $500 is for more than just the controller pad so if it's just the LEd on the pad that has failed you should be able to get another and stick it on/plug it in yourself